• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personally, I think Deegan is good enough for league 1 and would be disappointed if he left. He has a specific type role in midfield that better suits certain types of games, but is able to have a positive impact in most games.

I agree, to consolidate in league 1 we will need this kind of player in the squad.

To be honest , a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on !

Echo today says it's Will who has verbally agreed a new contract which he is expected to sign some time in the next fortnight when he comes back to the area.

Atkinson is an odd one for me.
We sometimes miss his industry when he's not in the team , but he is an experienced player and should impose himself on games more IMO.
He has to have a more positive impact at times.

I think we looked a better team when Atkinson played last season, especially away from home. His workrate allowed us to press higher up the pitch. Agree he needs to score more goals and improve on his final delivery but I think him signing on is good news.

Glad to have Will staying. If he had gone I wouldn't have been too fussed, as think it's rare that he has a major influence in the game, but he's versatile and his hard work is crucial to any team, a great option to have off the bench, which I assume is what he will be.

Now, please let's get Timlin sorted asap.

I think Will played every game of Bradford's promotion season the year before he signed for us. Not a flare player, but he gets on with his work mainly un-noticed and he has scored a few goals, notably that quality dink over the keeper at home, can't remember who it was agisnt but it involved that lovley passage of play around the halfway line and that exquisite ball from Timlon to set Atkinson on his way to goal

I think Will played every game of Bradford's promotion season the year before he signed for us. Not a flare player, but he gets on with his work mainly un-noticed and he has scored a few goals, notably that quality dink over the keeper at home, can't remember who it was agisnt but it involved that lovley passage of play around the halfway line and that exquisite ball from Timlon to set Atkinson on his way to goal

Its not, its a smoke canister, but didn't it look lovely

Pleased about Atkinson.
Just sort out Brown, Thompson, Timlin and Deegan contracts plus a couple of decent strikers and we're almost there I think.

As I said before (and as has been reported), Timlin said the play-off final wouldn't be his last Blues game. I'm still confident he's a man of his word and won't go back on it!

As I said before (and as has been reported), Timlin said the play-off final wouldn't be his last Blues game. I'm still confident he's a man of his word and won't go back on it!

Money talks mate, and the elation of the playoffs probably had him feeling like this but Millwall is a big club close to his home

Some other clubs eyeing up a move for Thompson as well according to today's Echo.

Orient coming in for Timlin didn't worry me, but milwall does. Can't see us being able to offer better then they can. Knowing his liking of them as well. Could well be off. Hopefully it's just a rumour with nothing behind it.

Timlin going to Millwall would be awful! Hopefully just a rumour engineered to make SUFC agree to what Tims wants in his new deal!

Have to admit that I'm surprised that another League 1 club is after Thompson. Hope he stays but won't be the end of the world if he does go, although a tad worrying that only a couple of weeks ago the Echo were saying he was very close to signing a new deal.

Back