• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the simpler explanation for part of this is that the Southend Athletics Club have recently opened their new club house and the council have also invested in the track and throws nets being brought to standard; however there can NOT be any reasonable level athletics meet held without a grandstand. Southend AC are unable to hold their own league fixtures because of this and it prevents invitation marque competitors attending. As I said this is only part of a possible story but it would be a similar set up to Chelmsford City FC & be more financially beneficial to all.

Page 23 of this document has a plan & I don't think any of the football pitches will be inside the existing running track. Mind you that would not stop them using the mobile stand.
Cant get the link to work but the planning item reference number is: 15/00862/RSE
Go to the Southend Planning Portal.

Yes. That is the plan.

There are genuinely mobile grandstands which are effectively a box containing an open-top stand, simply bolted to a pre-finished slab or similar hard standing, but these, in my experience, are crap.
More likely to be a temporary grandstand (system scaffold based) with some form of fabric roof which can be dismantled and stored on site as and when necessary - that won't be any good for SUFC, other than possibly for hosting reserve team, youth and perhaps women's football.

More likely to be a temporary grandstand (system scaffold based) with some form of fabric roof which can be dismantled and stored on site as and when necessary - that won't be any good for SUFC, other than possibly for hosting reserve team, youth and perhaps women's football.

coz we've got a dome

Old Southendian Football club are moving from Warners Bridge to Garon and the two pitches are theirs...........their lease has run out at Warners after about 20 years .....I am not 100 % sure if it is next season but if not will be season after.....there was a meeting for club members last night but being 6 farsand miles away i was a non attendee ....been a bit out of the loop recently

Old Southendian Football club are moving from Warners Bridge to Garon and the two pitches are theirs...........their lease has run out at Warners after about 20 years .....I am not 100 % sure if it is next season but if not will be season after.....there was a meeting for club members last night but being 6 farsand miles away i was a non attendee ....been a bit out of the loop recently

Correct TB. The pitches are being prepared as we speak and should be ready for the start of the coming season. Smaller pitches are also being prepared for the kids from Manor to use. All very exciting stuff for us.

If all goes to plan then I see no reason why SUFC cannot use it for a reserve team base in the future.

Question is what will be built first?.....Garon Park or Fossetts?......place your bets....

Correct TB. The pitches are being prepared as we speak and should be ready for the start of the coming season. Smaller pitches are also being prepared for the kids from Manor to use. All very exciting stuff for us.

If all goes to plan then I see no reason why SUFC cannot use it for a reserve team base in the future.

Question is what will be built first?.....Garon Park or Fossetts?......place your bets....

You must have insider knowledge Smiffy. There was me thinking we nuked the reserves team a long time ago.

Yesterday was the first I've heard of any plans for Garons yet the report states its been ongoing since 2008. Good for the town and community and sounds like very good facilities.

Back