• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leoblue

Director
Has anyone read page 8 of todays Echo? An interesting read which I'll try and find a link but the basics are as follows:

The council are looking to turn Garons into a sporting village which (caught my eye) will include:

• Two football pitches to Ryman League standard.
  • One football pitch with mobile grandstand to League 2 standard.

With this only being 3 - 4 hundred yards down the road from fossetts it struck me as odd bearing in mind (the proposed fossetts application) includes our indoor training facilities.

Also why would the town need a football pitch and grandstand to league 2 standard.

Worth discussing I guess.

Hmm, interesting that it specifies league standards. No good for us though as we rise through the football divisions :happy:
Perhaps they are trying to predict the future :stunned:

Has anyone read page 8 of todays Echo? An interesting read which I'll try and find a link but the basics are as follows:

The council are looking to turn Garons into a sporting village which (caught my eye) will include:

With this only being 3 - 4 hundred yards down the road from fossetts it struck me as odd bearing in mind (the proposed fossetts application) includes our indoor training facilities.

Also why would the town need a football pitch and grandstand to league 2 standard.

"Pitches" do not come in various standards depending on Leagues (e.g. Ryman League); grounds, of course, do.

The only issue is 3G pitches (of which one is currently in the process of being laid at Eastwoodbury Lane) which are currently acceptable up to Conference North/South.

Oh that's good, we can borrow that as our Fourth stand at Fossetts.

Whilst i I was stuck in traffic the car next to me had Tilly in the passenger seat,Defo heard him say Gt Wakering:winking:

"Pitches" do not come in various standards depending on Leagues (e.g. Ryman League); grounds, of course, do.

The only issue is 3G pitches (of which one is currently in the process of being laid at Eastwoodbury Lane) which are currently acceptable up to Conference North/South.

That was exactly my thought ie grounds are regulated to standards and not pitches.

With this sort of development, it would more than likely be right next to Fossetts.

Essex University are looking to develop ,in partnership with other entities. The University will be investing a large chunk of money,approx ten million pounds, and will utilise the facilities to a great extent. Old Southendian will use some of them, e.g. cricket pitch.A community centre will also be there.SUCEPs will endeavour to use it. Hope that answers some of the questions.

Essex University are looking to develop ,in partnership with other entities. The University will be investing a large chunk of money,approx ten million pounds, and will utilise the facilities to a great extent. Old Southendian will use some of them, e.g. cricket pitch.A community centre will also be there.SUCEPs will endeavour to use it. Hope that answers some of the questions.

Don't forget the kids from Southendian Manor YFC as well :winking:

Would be great if something like this could happen in a relatively short timeframe and give a potential plan B should Ronworld run into another round of unforeseen hold-ups

Wow that's a big investment from Southend University. What about the mobile grandstand that's up to League 2 standard? Sounds very ambitious. Essex CCC don't play at Garons anymore so is it hoped that they will return with this mobile grandstand?

Wow that's a big investment from Southend University. What about the mobile grandstand that's up to League 2 standard? Sounds very ambitious. Essex CCC don't play at Garons anymore so is it hoped that they will return with this mobile grandstand?

Very interested in how the mobile grandstand works!

Is it on the back of a lorry and simply unfolds into an all singing and dancing 1000 seat with bar/restaurant and changing rooms whilst offering director comfort.

Very interested in how the mobile grandstand works!

Is it on the back of a lorry and simply unfolds into an all singing and dancing 1000 seat with bar/restaurant and changing rooms whilst offering director comfort.

I'm thinking the same........... And up to League 2 standard, must be pretty special.

Yes. That is the plan.

I think the simpler explanation for part of this is that the Southend Athletics Club have recently opened their new club house and the council have also invested in the track and throws nets being brought to standard; however there can NOT be any reasonable level athletics meet held without a grandstand. Southend AC are unable to hold their own league fixtures because of this and it prevents invitation marque competitors attending. As I said this is only part of a possible story but it would be a similar set up to Chelmsford City FC & be more financially beneficial to all.

Yes. That is the plan.

Use it as a wind block?:winking:

I think the simpler explanation for part of this is that the Southend Athletics Club have recently opened their new club house and the council have also invested in the track and throws nets being brought to standard; however there can NOT be any reasonable level athletics meet held without a grandstand. Southend AC are unable to hold their own league fixtures because of this and it prevents invitation marque competitors attending. As I said this is only part of a possible story but it would be a similar set up to Chelmsford City FC & be more financially beneficial to all.

Plus we need a 4th stand.

It works on so many fronts.

With this sort of development, it would more than likely be right next to Fossetts.

It will no doubt be a ground/pitch where the Southend B team can play against teams such as Real Madrid when they come for pre-season tours - Ron won't want the main pitch to be churned up before the season starts.

Back