• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FAO Grouty - you've got to love Belgium

I'm looking at Belgium in a whole different light. I still loath the place but I'll relent just this once as it's a poke in the eye at the French.

***bump***

Ok, I admit it, I really enjoyed Belguim. The beer is pretty spectacular it has to be said. Brugge is a very nice and quite friendly city and although we ducked out of Ghent we still got a friendly wave and a peace sign from a trio of drunks at 10am. The food was good, the weather was good and the hotel was....average.

Belguim got a 8/10 from me.

Now bugger off.

Ok, I admit it, I really enjoyed Belguim. The beer is pretty spectacular it has to be said. Brugge is a very nice and quite friendly city and although we ducked out of Ghent we still got a friendly wave and a peace sign from a trio of drunks at 10am. The food was good, the weather was good and the hotel was....average.

Now bugger off.

Ha ha, glad you got to enjoy it and sorry for doing a Napster on you.

I did try to warn you that anywhere with their beer couldn't be all bad!

ps Where have you got lined up next on your travels?

We try to have a week in Flanders every spring.
Same little cottage near Diksmude.
Close to Ypres and not far from Bruges.
We take our bikes and cycle around a bit too

Ha ha, glad you got to enjoy it and sorry for doing a Napster on you.

I did try to warn you that anywhere with their beer couldn't be all bad!

ps Where have you got lined up next on your travels?

With the family, toying with Holland or Germany. I have thing about driving over Arnhem Bridge so might kill two birds. I would like to have driven over it in a tank but I don't think they let you do that anymore so it will have to be the Honda instead.

With my mate, maybe Prague for the derby in March.

Since you asked so nicely.

Now bugger off.

Much to do with the children in Bruges? Toying with the idea of a Eurostar break

Much to do with the children in Bruges? Toying with the idea of a Eurostar break

Not a huge amount if I'm honest. Lots of easy walks and a horse and carriage ride but that's about it. Saying that, there is chocolate and waffles aplenty and if Brugge are playing at home its pretty easy to get tickets. I suggest plotting up in the square and sampling the beer and if memory serves there was a small fun fair in the middle.

My teenage daughter was bored but your kids being younger might be happier with something a bit different.

With the family, toying with Holland or Germany. I have thing about driving over Arnhem Bridge so might kill two birds. I would like to have driven over it in a tank but I don't think they let you do that anymore so it will have to be the Honda instead.

With my mate, maybe Prague for the derby in March.

Since you asked so nicely.
I am with you on John Frost ( arnhem) Bridge, his book “a drop too many ” is excellent as well

I am with you on John Frost ( arnhem) Bridge, his book “a drop too many ” is excellent as well

If like me you have an interest in the Arnhem story look up the double agent 'King Kong' and research Prince Bernhard of Holland.

There is now good evidence that the Germans knew the full operation in advance and that has been covered up ever since as Our own King George may have been duped.

Back