• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I for one am very happy with this. Some may not be happy but this man did just overseen the greatest moment of my life and I believe given the funds he can take us further.
Yes I am known to change my mind if things don't go well.

It's what we needed and its give potential new players, that we are at a good place to work & to play football, stability is important for us. Time to push on and get replacement for up front!

Surprised he's signed a 3 year deal when we don't even know what kit we'll be playing in. :smiles:

Has not agreed he has signed a three year deal today .Now he has put pen to paper hopfully Timms ans Degan will follow .Also many new faces to add to our squad for the league ONE battle a head .

No, hope Thomson and Timlin sign; really not bothered about Deegan

Surprised he's signed a 3 year deal when we don't even know what kit we'll be playing in. :smiles:

:net: you know it won't be long before someone replies to that!

Great news, he did the job he was employed to do, no to sustain us in league one until we are ready to push into the championship.

Now all we need is Timlin to sign and that will be great news!

I think this is good news for the club, Phil obviously thinks he has a future at the club, 3 years is a long time in football management... Championship has got to be the goal in the next couple of seasons, new stadium, happy days !

My my view is that PB will operate better in a higher division, if we can carry on the momentum and spirit for the latter part of last season then we will easily hold our own in L1,

just need some decent signings.... Not much to ask ? Is it ????

PB is not the kind of guy to want to linger in league 1 , I would say that Ron has promised decent backing for transfers , this is very encouraging IMO , I thought brown May of signed a 1 year deal to see what RM has to offer him to compete but there must of been some damn good promises made for him to sign a 3 year deal

UTB

At long bloody last.

Better start negotiations soon on a new deal the amount of time this one took to finalise.

Good news as far as I'm concerned.

i was speaking to Ron Martin a couple of years back and he said no Chairman would put himself in a position where it would cost the club a fortune to pay off a managers contract. The amount of managers that are sacked bears testimony to this.

Alan Pardew and Newcastle??

The most important contract extension of them all; I'm over the moon with this! In Phil we trust :happy:

I think this is a very positive sign. Not only stability with the manager that knows the players and has experience of higher divisions, but also in relation to the club in general. RM doesn't tell us an awful lot, but i'm sure PB would have asked for some assurances on players wages, transfer funds, new stadium plans etc before committing himself to our club for a further 3 years.

Three year deal so that'll take him up to our promotion campaign to the Premier League.

Loving the positivity around the club at the moment. Would love to see us in the championship within the next 2/3 years (big as I know).

If Brown sees out this deal (unlikely I suspect - contracts for managers seems to mean very little), that would make him our longest serving manager, right? Or would it only equal Tilly?

If Brown sees out this deal (unlikely I suspect - contracts for managers seems to mean very little), that would make him our longest serving manager, right? Or would it only equal Tilly?

Tilson was here for 6 and a half years, Brown would be here for just over 5 if he stays until the end of his contract.

Back