• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Geez this forum annoys me sometimes... We have lost one player of note from last year - Corr- and contracts don't run out until 10 days from now. Will people have some patience. Signings will come and we will get things done. Just relax.

Of course we have a pot its full of ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Like others have previously said, a large number of players won't even be in the country at present time. Also, if we start signing players now it means we will have to pay them wages for essentially doing nothing as the season doesn't start til August. Couple that with the fact that the club has very little income during the close season and it's hardly surprising we leave signings late. IMO It makes business sense to wait a little longer.

Rather sign a player who wants to play for us and not for money. By that i mean yes he will get paid and well but to him the shirt is the most important .:thumbsup:

All great in an ideal world, but in the real world players generally only stay at a club for a few years at most, the contract for them will normally come before the shirt.

All great in an ideal world, but in the real world players generally only stay at a club for a few years at most, the contract for them will normally come before the shirt.

Let's hope Timlin is an exception then.

99% of players are away still as are the agents and 99% of things said on this board from a source are bollocks so I really wouldn't worry. I have been invited to three footballer golf days next week alone so I don'y think anyone is even back in training.

Are you still thinking of signing for Crawley now the knee has healed up?

Geez this forum annoys me sometimes... We have lost one player of note from last year - Corr- and contracts don't run out until 10 days from now. Will people have some patience. Signings will come and we will get things done. Just relax.

I think it's short-sighted not having new signings in for the start of pre-season training. Particularly when we make such a big thing about fitness and team spirit.

Just look how long it took Worrall to get a start last season. He signed a week before the season but didn't get a league start until late October. Bolger didn't sign until the eve of the season and didn't nail down a starting spot until April.

Personally, I'd have been looking to sign players I was looking to build around for this season in the January transfer window. That would have given them several months to bed in and a full pre-season.

Certainly it's disappointing that no deals with the loanees have been wrapped up whilst we were in pole position. We saw this last year when we lost out on Sokolik and Egan when a deal for one of them should have been wrapped up before the end of the season.

I don't believe we need a different type of player as we're a division higher - what we need, regardless of what division we are in, is good players whose skill set complements the existing players and will be able to work within the system we intend to play.

It's the depth that can be added later, when we can add squad players like Deegan was added last year.

You will struggle to sign anyone in January for the next season when you dont know what division you will be in.

Plenty of transfers take place in January, which suggests otherwise.

Yes but you sign players in January who are happy to play in the division you are already in.

You use the likes of Egan as example. He would not have signed for us in January as he would not have wanted to commit to League Two, if we had been promoted that year we could have signed him in June for the next season as he would have been happy to play in League One.

Yes but you sign players in January who are happy to play in the division you are already in.

You use the likes of Egan as example. He would not have signed for us in January as he would not have wanted to commit to League Two, if we had been promoted that year we could have signed him in June for the next season as he would have been happy to play in League One.

Sure about that? Doesn't seem anyone wants to sign at the moment so maybe I wasn't so far off the mark with the tone of this thread after all. Correct me if I'm wrong but we have just been promoted and all over the media but so far nearly everyone mentioned as a possible target is going elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sure about that? Doesn't seen anyone wants to sign at the moment so maybe I wasn't so far off the mark with the tone of this thread after all. Correct me if I'm wrong but we have just been promoted and all over the media but so far nearly everyone mentioned as a possible target is going elsewhere.
Maybe we have learnt our lesson and not rushing in to buy just anybody...
the club had a list back as far as the AGM as PB mentioned they were working on the future.

I may may be naive , but I'm going to trust PB , as he wouldn't have just signed a contract if it wasn't good in the background.... Or am I off to the naughty step for being positive?

time will tell.....

And this story on Shrewsbury shows exactly why being patient can be better. Brought in 7 new players already, but now already used up their budget and haven't renewed all their players deals yet.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33289972

It doesn't show that. They haven't used up their budget but are merely close to it. It's their manager trying to get those out of contract players to sign up as he's saying he's given them his best offers and can't afford to offer any more.

Back