• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Am I the only one that finds this a bit frustrating? For example, at the moment we have two threads with the same title, which is:

"Echo News RSS: Southend United manager Phil Brown"

Because of the restriction in the length of the thread title that's all we get, and therefore have no idea what the article is actually about. I doubt we can ask the Echo to change their headlines, but is there a way of editing these a little before they appear?

For example, if you take out "Southend United manager" the title will start with "Phil Brown" (who we know is the Southend United manager) and will then continue with what the article is actually about.

Hi, It is an auto RSS feed..it is just set up to show what they post about SUFC. I don't think we are able to alter that, but Chapperz might know better than me on that score but it seems very doubtful to me that we could do anything this end.

Like what has already been done. Once they post the thread, we can shorten the title.

Had a quick look and don't think it is possible, seems we have to just post the title given & then we change it manually.

Had a quick look and don't think it is possible, seems we have to just post the title given & then we change it manually.

Shame. Changing manually is better than nothing, but is obviously not ideal for a number of reasons. Not least because it must be a pain in the proverbial for you!

It is what it is. The Echo choose the title, we suck it into the Zone. Then one of the mods edits it, sometimes with side-splitting levels of hilarity, sometimes not.

:thumbsup:

Swear Filter. In the example given, filter "Southend United Manager Phil Brown" and replace with "Phil Brown"

It works for West Ham....

Back