• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Grant

Think they have a good signing there, I'd welcome him back here with open arms

Agree - sad to see him go to a team that we (Southend United) could be battling with for a play-off place ...... and we play them towards the end of February. Mind you Granty's move weakens Port Vale and we play them early March so perhaps it all evens out?

Always was one of my favourite players, wish him well, just wish it wasn't there.

Wish Him well!
Always gives his all for whoever He plays for, a rarity in the modern game.

Will never forget the loyalty he showed by staying with us after everyone else jumped ship. Good Luck at Peterborough, except when playing against us.

Great player and would have him back any day!

According to the BBC Peterborough web page, Anthony Grant is one of 13 players transfer listed by boss Steve Evans today.

According to the BBC Peterborough web page, Anthony Grant is one of 13 players transfer listed by boss Steve Evans today.

There's probably a few players in Peterborough's squad that'd be useful to us.

Edit: Just seen the list, there's a few I'd look at, Forrester, Anderson and Morias if the fees were nominal.

They always list everyone with one year left on their contract -it's their policy so as to try and avoid losing good players for nothing when their contracts expire.

Last edited:
Heard from a Posh supporter that Grant and Evans had a big falling out, just when I thought I couldn't like Granty any more :smile:

Is he a member of SUEPA , if so and we took him back he would have to resign from it as he wouldnt be an Ex Shrimper then .

No, he's not. Not many currently playing in the league elsewhere are - SSID may correct me as he has easier access to the lists than me - Bentley, Leonard, Atkinson, Thompson, McCormack....I think that's it?

Massive love for Grant on this thread, going back many years. Some players fans just take to. It's the the Mark Bentley factor...

Massive love for Grant on this thread, going back many years. Some players fans just take to. It's the the Mark Bentley factor...

Quite right. They are players who never shirked a tackle, never hid when things weren't going their way and served the club with distinction over several seasons.

Grant played RB, CB, LB, CM, RM, LM and even on occasion second forward. When the going got tough and wages weren't paid he was the only player who stuck with us. He's a bona fide Southend legend.

He played well for the Shrews especially in the second half against us. Gave the travelling Shrimpers a clap too in addition to the home support. Top man!

Back