• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry, but Prosser will get absolutely ruined in League One. Good L2 servant, but we need to be looking at better options or else we'll be sliding back down next season.

Sounds like Prosser is well down the pecking order judging by PB's comments, personally I would rather let Thompson go and keep Prosser, a model pro and both him and Barrett could do a job alongside Bolger.

He maybe a model pro but Thompson has way more potential. Like I have said previously with Thompson, Barrett and Bolger, Prosser is a squad player at best and replaceable. Keeping Thompson is essential.

Don't understand the JBW comments, he clearly has potential and whoever called him lazy has clearly just plucked that out of thin air, he always seemed to work hard and if he was lazy i doubt Brown would be looking to bring him back. He would be a very good signing if permanent (Won't happen because Palace clearly feel he is good enough to be offered a new contract), getting him back on loan would be OK, although he'd only be used as cover so doubt Palace or JBW would agree to that either.

I'm not surprised at clubs looking at prosser and a bid has been made for him, we would be made to let him go ....

Did you mean we will be forced to let him go (finances?), "made up to let him go" or "mad to let him go"?

Of the three options I am more biased towards the middle one. Thanks for everything Luke and good luck with Wilder as manager (who never quite seems to deliver a top team).

As to Williams. I am not sure. Have seen him play well and I have also seen him out of position, be naive and lacking in conviction.

He maybe a model pro but Thompson has way more potential. Like I have said previously with Thompson, Barrett and Bolger, Prosser is a squad player at best and replaceable. Keeping Thompson is essential.
"potential" won't keep us in lge 1, we need experienced heads who can help us consolidate, not the time to be taking risks

Sorry, but Prosser will get absolutely ruined in League One. Good L2 servant, but we need to be looking at better options or else we'll be sliding back down next season.
Struth, I will start praying Barrett gets some pace from somewhere before the season starts then:omg:

"potential" won't keep us in lge 1, we need experienced heads who can help us consolidate, not the time to be taking risks

What experience does he have at league one or above?

I think you will find although younger Thompson has more experience at a higher level.

Did you mean we will be forced to let him go (finances?), "made up to let him go" or "mad to let him go"?

Of the three options I am more biased towards the middle one. Thanks for everything Luke and good luck with Wilder as manager (who never quite seems to deliver a top team).

As to Williams. I am not sure. Have seen him play well and I have also seen him out of position, be naive and lacking in conviction.
sorry yeah, we would be mad to let him go:thumbsup:

Maybe controversial, but I'd much rather see JBW here next season than Prosser

His head will be turned now there's additional interest in him. The ball is in Prossers court now, he can stay and fight for a place with just a years contract or jump ship and take a 2/3 year contract, pay rise and signing on fee to potentially stand out in a L2 side.

Maybe controversial, but I'd much rather see JBW here next season than Prosser

Insert 'definitely' for 'maybe'. I know who I would rather have in the team, and it's not JBW. There is no doubt he has talent but he is far too inconsistent to be rated ahead of Prosser in my view.

As has been mentioned previously in other threads, Prosser is a left-sided centre back, as opposed to Bolger and Thompson who are both right-sided. That leaves him as the only positional like-for-like cover for Barrett that we currently have at the club. With no disrespect to Adam Barrett, I cannot see him making 46 League 1 appearances without injury or being found out by teams with pacy strikers at this late point in his career, so cover for his position seems crucial. I would certainly prefer to see Prosser as that cover, rather than Binnom-Williams.

Personally, won't mind if he stays but would be happy to see him go, great League 2 player but not good enough to play regularly in League 1.

We hear this a lot about players but I don't buy it.

First, I really don't think there's all that much difference between Leagues 1 and 2. It's when you go up to the Championship there is (or at least was) a big jump as it was that much more physical than Leagues 1 and 2 with forwards both stronger and quicker than in L1 and 2 when they usually only have one of those attributes at most. We've played a lot of League One sides in the cup in recent seasons and I don't recall Prosser being run ragged in those games.

Secondly, you're not going to get a squad of 24 starters. You need squad depth and Prosser would be excellent squad depth: reliable, experienced, knows the system and could fit in at a drop of a hat.

First, I really don't think there's all that much difference between Leagues 1 and 2. It's when you go up to the Championship there is (or at least was) a big jump as it was that much more physical than Leagues 1 and 2 with forwards both stronger and quicker than in L1 and 2 when they usually only have one of those attributes at most. We've played a lot of League One sides in the cup in recent seasons and I don't recall Prosser being run ragged in those games.

Secondly, you're not going to get a squad of 24 starters. You need squad depth and Prosser would be excellent squad depth: reliable, experienced, knows the system and could fit in at a drop of a hat.

Totally agree with that.
Apart from maybe the top 6-7 sides in L1 , the rest are not that different from L2.
A Col U supporting "friend" at work who is a STH at that place felt this was very much the case last season.

Sorry, disagree with this in recent years. I agree that back when we achieved back to back promotions that there wasn't an awful lot of difference between L1 and L2.....It's changed a lot in those 10+ years. We're seeing a far better caliber of player turning out for L1 sides that L2. This is partly because so many Premier league teams are looking abroad for most of their talent and therefore better players are dropping down to Championship to get games.....This logic then trickles down the leagues accordingly.

This is why we should be looking to bolster the squad with some better talent, we are simply not going to cut it in L1 next year with the current squad. There are a few players I think will do OK and worth keeping hold of, and one who will smash it (Bentley), but the rest of the squad will be treading water in my opinion. Bentley is the only player I would be genuinely gutted to lose, although I know it's not far away in reality.

These are just opinions though and no-one really knows until the results start coming in. My personal thoughts are that players like Prosser are well short of the standard required.

Luke is a no no sense physical defender who gives 100%.

He has improved no end but I'm not sure he is technically good enough to face better forwards.

I think Thompson is a better athlete and better on the ball.

I'd be happy for both to stay but would prefer Thompson in the long term.

What kind of bid will Northampton have made? Anywhere near 75k+ and we should take it.

Luke is a no no sense physical defender who gives 100%.

He has improved no end but I'm not sure he is technically good enough to face better forwards.

I think Thompson is a better athlete and better on the ball.

I'd be happy for both to stay but would prefer Thompson in the long term.

What kind of bid will Northampton have made? Anywhere near 75k+ and we should take it.

I'd imagine not even a 3rd of that...

Insert 'definitely' for 'maybe'. I know who I would rather have in the team, and it's not JBW. There is no doubt he has talent but he is far too inconsistent to be rated ahead of Prosser in my view.

If both players are going to be seen as 3rd or 4th choice CB then I'd probably take JBW on potential. I'd have no interest in taking JBW on loan again, I'd want him as our player if we are developing raw talent.

Back