• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown: Relax, signings are coming

Peter Clarke is still good at this level and Pope is a proven goal scorer.
We could end up with having to select from dregs desperate for a club. The sooner new players are in the sooner the team can be built.

I'm pretty cheesed off with all this talk of how well Bury are doing (and by implication S.U.F.C. are inferior/going backwards).

If Browny had signed Peter Clarke I would have said "okay - he's a nice chap and very experienced but hardly laying foundations for the future".

And if Browny had signed Pope I would have said "okay - he's had one good season and is very experienced and perhaps might come good again but I'm not that enthused".

So, in summary, I don't understand what is so marvellous about these two signings.

And furthermore I can't understand why there is so much moaning about the lack of progress so far. Others are quoting Chelsea and Liverpool as examples for us to follow whilst stating the obvious that getting a complete squad together earlier rather later might be better. :facepalm: Next thing is we will have the benefit of hearing how Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are progressing.

Hash tag: Isitthehotweatherthatisgettingtopeople

You beat me to it ......... just because you are at the greengrocers getting a bag of spuds doesn't mean you can't pick up a cucumber or red pepper and put it in your basket, does it?

I note that your choice is a cucumber OR red pepper and not a cucumber AND red pepper.....

For all you salad fans..you can grow cresswell in water..its a subaquatic plant.

....and I guess we all feel rather sad to to see Corr-jet off to Cambridge.

Back