• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2015 thread

What a game that was but how has Federer not broken his serve in this set yet? Had an fairly straight forward shot at break point when 2-1 up and then missed 6 set points in the last one!

What a game that was but how has Federer not broken his serve in this set yet? Had an fairly straight forward shot at break point when 2-1 up and then missed 6 set points in the last one!
Hard to see how Murray could be playing that much better and Federer is still making it look like a walk in the park, with the exception of that crazy game!

Federer is the finest tennis player ever. Absolutely unplayable. No shame in losing to him.

He'll cream Djoko in straight sets.

He's a jumped up little ****.

Ah, come on! He's twenty years old! If you can't be a jumped up little **** when you're 20, when can you be?

Yeah, telling someone that your girlfriend's doing the rounds on the tour circuit is going too far, but I'd rather Kyrgios won something major and started mouthing off than have Federer win and churn out the same old platitudes.

Ah, come on! He's twenty years old! If you can't be a jumped up little **** when you're 20, when can you be?

Yeah, telling someone that your girlfriend's doing the rounds on the tour circuit is going too far, but I'd rather Kyrgios won something major and started mouthing off than have Federer win and churn out the same old platitudes.

What 20 year old isn't? But that thing with Wawrinka was ******* behaviour of the highest order and he keeps on being a **** rather than there being the odd isolated and possibly excusable incident.

Seems he's a player with a lot of potential, but the way he's going he'll get remembered as a brat with a bit of talent rather than someone who has actually won stuff.

Federer is dull of course, but there's a middle ground between where he is and where Kyrgios is. Murray for example - I don't get why people object to him, he's got a bit of edge, can have a laugh at himself, but also doesn't cross the line.

And I hope Murray beats Kyrgios love, love and love in the Davis Cup next month...

I’m really not looking to excuse his behaviour here, but I genuinely think people are blowing their tops over this. He’s trawled through the gutter for a comment like that, but it’s exactly that – a comment. You’ve got people like the Guardian’s Kevin Mitchell saying it’s proof Kyrgios “needs help”. That’s ********. What Mitchell’s effectively alluding to is that Kyrgios has something mentally wrong with him other than being a sarcy **** of a 20-year old. That, in my honest opinion, is far worse than telling someone their girlfriend’s been sleeping with someone else.

Some of the most fascinating sporting icons have been utter, utter *****. Cantona and Maradona were irrepressible in their sheer bellendery at times. Some of cricket’s greatest sledges have gone very close – and I dare say exceeded – the line Kyrgios set here, yet they’re revered by writers. Ali was just as spiteful in his comments, while Mayweather’s positively heinous. It’s part of what makes sport interesting though.

I’m really not looking to excuse his behaviour here, but I genuinely think people are blowing their tops over this. He’s trawled through the gutter for a comment like that, but it’s exactly that – a comment. You’ve got people like the Guardian’s Kevin Mitchell saying it’s proof Kyrgios “needs help”. That’s ********. What Mitchell’s effectively alluding to is that Kyrgios has something mentally wrong with him other than being a sarcy **** of a 20-year old. That, in my honest opinion, is far worse than telling someone their girlfriend’s been sleeping with someone else.

Some of the most fascinating sporting icons have been utter, utter *****. Cantona and Maradona were irrepressible in their sheer bellendery at times. Some of cricket’s greatest sledges have gone very close – and I dare say exceeded – the line Kyrgios set here, yet they’re revered by writers. Ali was just as spiteful in his comments, while Mayweather’s positively heinous. It’s part of what makes sport interesting though.

If Kyrgios needs to "sledge" his opponents in order to win, I suggest he's not that talented a tennis player.

Muhammad Ali was definitely a ****.

I'd say Kyrgios needs 'help' but more a good talking to from a senior pro - I see Hewitt is working with him now - than a spell with a shrink.

Kyrgios saying that is probably the only notable tennis story, since, well Kyrgios at Wimbledon. Funny that.

Daft thing to say, but let's not kid ourselves, it's not a big deal and he isn't the first revered sports-star to say something daft, as ESB points out.

In an era when tennis has some of the best players in history (S. Williams, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic) it is also completely lacking in notable personalities. Kyrgios is a breath of fresh air, not to mention a quality tennis player.

Kyrgios saying that is probably the only notable tennis story, since, well Kyrgios at Wimbledon. Funny that.

Daft thing to say, but let's not kid ourselves, it's not a big deal and he isn't the first revered sports-star to say something daft, as ESB points out.

In an era when tennis has some of the best players in history (S. Williams, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic) it is also completely lacking in notable personalities. Kyrgios is a breath of fresh air, not to mention a quality tennis player.

There are plenty of interesting stories out there though. Djokovic having an other historically great year. The demise of Nadal. Federer's Indian summer. Serena getting ever closer to becoming not just the greatest female tennis player of all time, but the greatest sportswoman of all time and arguably right up there for all sports stars ever. Andy Murray aiming to become the first individual to win the Davis Cup.

Back to Kyrgios though, I am no fan of his but far less a fan of him getting booed every time he arrives on court. That behaviour from the fans is as crass as the comments Kyrgios has been making and doesn't reflect well on the game.

Yeah, it's a shame those blood bags got destroyed in Spain or we might've had a much more interesting tennis story than Kyrgios slutshaming someone's girlfriend by now.

Kyrgios will be donating $50 to the Elena Baltacha Foundation for every ace he hits the rest of this season. Fair play to him, that is a great gesture.

Kyrgios will be donating $50 to the Elena Baltacha Foundation for every ace he hits the rest of this season. Fair play to him, that is a great gesture.

Sounds like he's got a new (soon to be busy) PR agent.:smile:

But yeah, great gesture.

Back