• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only time will tell if he is an upgrade on Corr... His finishing certainly seems better but then he is a different type of player, not the targetman type like Barry.

Both have their own attributes and are very different types of players. With Corr gone though I'm more than happy if Mooney is to be his replacement. He's proven at this level.

I think people remember the two games against us the other year in the LDV, he was awful in front of goal. If he was an in form striker we wouldn't of got to Wembley all the chances came to him. The year after he hit 19+.

Cant judge him until he plays for us as he might suit our style of football

Still scored at the Hall though......

Mooney has scored goals at this level, Corr hanst. Corr got 3 in 30 odd games for Exeter before he joined us. Not to say that he might not have scored for us, but 2 seasons ago Mooney scored 21 goals and had 12 assists, cant see why anyone would question the signing.

Have to say i'm very excited about this potential signing and would be disappointed if it did not happen now with it so close.
Any Striker that has scored goals before would have pleased me. With his scoring run a couple of seasons ago, he may well be a 'form' player. Lets hope he hits some form !!

Not a direct replacement IMO. Mooney doesn't seem like a targetman but more like a poacher.

This. He'd be more similar to Joe Pigott but obviously several years older.

The danger is that Pigott's complaints about Phil Brown's feelings about what a 6ft (apx) striker should bring to the side will be shared by Mooney

Glad to see Mooney joining the club. :thumbsup:

Lots of comments about whether he (Mooney) will score or not ............ and so I am just in time to remind everyone that it is a team game and even the best striker can do little if the rest of the team are poor/not playing as you would require.

And not least of all, we don't know who his strike partner might be yet - so all a bit premature to discuss such matters me thinks.

Still, that is what we always do.

Back