• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was blatantly a joke!

Helen has been an absolute rock at SUFC for many years, frequently still working past 9 o'clock many evenings, sometimes even till midnight! She's simply decided that she wants to spend her time on herself and her family and after all her hard work over the years I thank her for all she has done and wish her well in what is effectively, early retirement.

Anyone know a legal secretary that wants a job???!!! :winking:

I clearly recognise that OBL, but that's a pretty pish attempt at humour!! 🙈

I clearly recognise that OBL, but that's a pretty pish attempt at humour!! 

Hurray, another word for me to look up in my Urban dictionary. I've learnt so many new words this week, especially from Mr Stevart.

Helen has been at SUFC since the late 1980's,after having worked in London.She now has two young sons,so perhaps wants to spend some time with them. She was nicknamed the " poisoned dwarf " by players in the late 90's. Personally, I've found her a reasonable person,who probably knows where the skeletons are in SUFC !! Anyway,good luck Helen,enjoy your retirement, or a new position ,if thats the case.

Well done Helen did a good job .i will miss her hard work for our club.please can Ron step down next

May as well link Steve Tilson to the job, only seems fair that he continues to be linked with every Southend United related vacancy!!

Helen joined in 1993!

Lovely woman and definitely has patience of a saint. However, I believe she'll be quick to point out that a lot more patience was required under the Jobson/Adams regime than now.

She's not been in the office for a full working week for some years now since her children were born.

I dont know Helen but from comments made by those who do, I thank her so much for what sounds like big efforts on all our behalf's. I hope she has a very happy and fruitful retirement and enjoys watching us reach for the Championship. More than happy to support a gift of thanks

Back