• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There isnt a player we could afford that will come with stats to blow you away.

His stats are decent.

Exactly, do people think we are Man City?? We are Southend united. Lets not forget the underwhelming goalscoring record of Corr before he joined us.

A signing that could mean another promotion if we can get the best of him.
Different class to Corr.
Really looking forward to new season now.
Worsdworth would be good too.

waste of money signing :thumbdown:

You're never happy are you. Be it kits, signings, anything. You've already said Wordsworth is rubbish too. Any other words of wisdom for us? Would you like to take this opportunity to call Brown a w****r? Or tell us what a bad signing Barrett has been?

Dear me.....

PS Sorry my bad, we should be signing players like Alexis Sanchez or Cesc Fabregas. BROWN OUT!

Not a good player.trust me you lot will be moaning by October about how bad he is

Not a good player.trust me you lot will be moaning by October about how bad he is

Scored a few goals at Colshite and 30 in two seasons at Birdbrain Road, 10 last season in a pretty poor team. Doesn't seem to bad to me. Plus, at present he is the only striker at the club, we need at least another 2 minimum, so Mooney may not even be first choice anyway.

You're never happy are you. Be it kits, signings, anything. You've already said Wordsworth is rubbish too. Any other words of wisdom for us? Would you like to take this opportunity to call Brown a w****r? Or tell us what a bad signing Barrett has been?

Dear me.....

PS Sorry my bad, we should be signing players like Alexis Sanchez or Cesc Fabregas. BROWN OUT!

The thing is that poor old Mark's favourite subject thread has been shut down by the Feds. At least there he could waffle in a controlled way. It's probably pointless responding to his posts I doubt he listens.

Lets not turn this thread into an Anti-Mark thread or us feds will have to shut this one down too.

Back on topic please chaps.

It's really good that you are so optimistic so early in the close season, it really bodes well for the season to come. As a matter of interest who would you sign pre-season?

What's clear is that IF and I say a big IF we create opportunities in and around the 6 yard box, he looks to have the ability and nouse to tuck a number of them away. Not just in the air either. Feed the Moon and he will shine?

I don't rate him as a good forward never have done if this is the best forward southend can attract then in for a tough season :thumbsup:

What level of forward do you think a club of our size and finances could attract?

Think you need to re-evaluate your expectations if you think we will be able to bring in any one prolific. Mooney has experience, he has a decent record and seemed to be appreciated by many Orient fans (although not by others).

Seems a solid signing to me, time will tell how it goes.

wordsworth cant even perform at championship yet alone league one seriously need better signings then this

What do you mean 'let alone league one', not being good enough for the Championship doesnt mean you cant do the business in league One.

Back