• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jassyfa1

Manager
After Timlin, Mooney and Wordsworth all signing this week, according to Brown we still need another 2 strikers. Anybody has any ideas who these could be? Would he happy with Piggot and Williams as the other strikers that's if we get Piggot.

McLaughlin will be next, with possibly some news about Thompson and Deegan. O'Neill a possibility but Pigott will have to wait for a few Charlton friendlies to get out of the way

Where did Brown say he still need 2 more strikers?

Thompson & Deegan still haven't agreed new deals and we've still got Penney & Coughlan to extend. If we can bring in 2 strikers who can offer us something different, i.e. a targetman who is good in the air and someone with pace who likes to run in behind, as well as McLaughlin then I'd be very happy. If Thompson doesn't sign then I'd look to bring in another defender, ideally someone who can play anywhere across the back 4 to provide cover for the full-back positions too.

Would like to see Elliot Lee come back our way. Now back in training with the Spammers, had a good end to season. Highly rated by Luton. 3 goals in 11 games

Would imagine one of the strikers would be a loan signing. Being one of the few clubs in this division close to London we should do well getting some players from London Prem/Championship clubs hopefully. Might be a glut of triallists in the friendlies too, you never know we might uncover a gem via that route.

Would like to see Elliot Lee come back our way. Now back in training with the Spammers, had a good end to season. Highly rated by Luton. 3 goals in 11 games

I wouldn't. Looked overweight when we played Luton towards the end of last season

Yes, Lee would be a great signing. Come on PB........

Looked tricky last night in his 30 minutes for West Ham - admittedly against pretty limited opponents. I think he and Mooney would work well - lots of clever movement and making space for each other and for midfielders behind them. But we would have to give up lumping the ball forward. Sounds like a good idea all round actually!

If were interested in Elliot Lee (and I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't given he didn't really stand out at Luton) then I doubt it would be a move completed any time soon with West Ham fielding a lot of youngsters in their early Europa League qualifiers and balancing that with their pre-season schedule.

I would imagine that Elliot Lee still features in Brown's thinking, especially now we have Div 1 status (feels good to be able to type that). Can't see W Ham letting him come permanently but a season's loan? That would be good. Then just one more permanent new forward, there must still be loads of useful ones about.

Just to recap , comparing the squad we had at the end of last season to what we have at this moment ( including loanees ) , we have lost 6 ( Pigot , Cassidy , McLaughlin , Binnom-Williams , Barnard and Corr ) and gained 2 ( Mooney and Wordsworth ) , with another two out of contract ( Deegan and Thompson ).
Before people say the loanees were never ours , I’m just trying to get an idea on numbers.
Is this correct , or have I missed anyone ?

Can't believe for a moment that Deegan will still be here after the signings made. Find McLaughlin interesting as would have expected that to have been a done deal by now.

Can't believe for a moment that Deegan will still be here after the signings made. Find McLaughlin interesting as would have expected that to have been a done deal by now.

Agreed re: Deegan. Perhaps McLaughlin has been away or not available for some other reason. I think the Echo report the other day said there were hopes he would be with the squad (one way or another) by the time they head off to Spain. When do they leave?

Agreed re: Deegan. Perhaps McLaughlin has been away or not available for some other reason. I think the Echo report the other day said there were hopes he would be with the squad (one way or another) by the time they head off to Spain. When do they leave?

Sunday I think.

Just to recap , comparing the squad we had at the end of last season to what we have at this moment ( including loanees ) , we have lost 6 ( Pigot , Cassidy , McLaughlin , Binnom-Williams , Barnard and Corr ) and gained 2 ( Mooney and Wordsworth ) , with another two out of contract ( Deegan and Thompson ).
Before people say the loanees were never ours , I’m just trying to get an idea on numbers.
Is this correct , or have I missed anyone ?
I think that looks right. So we've lost 4 strikers and gained 1 - we ideally need to bring another 2 strikers in then (I'd take McCaughlin and one other striker though).

I think that looks right. So we've lost 4 strikers and gained 1 - we ideally need to bring another 2 strikers in then (I'd take McCaughlin and one other striker though).

Although I like McGaughlin, do we really need another midfielder? Would rather the money be spent on 3 more strikers and if Thompson/prosser leave then at least 1 or 2 centre backs. However, to do well next season we will need to improve our attacking ability from last season certainly on the goal front and from midfield.

Re: Deegan. Why does signing Wordsworth mean Deegan won't be here? They are totally different types of players. Personally I think if we can re-sign Deegan for cheap he'll be a useful defensive midfielder to have in the squad.

I agree we need 2-3 more strikers, but scoring goals starts in midfield and McLaughlin would be a good addition on the wing, and I think if he joins then Hurst will go (barely played in the 2nd half of the season).

Drastic™;1761683 said:
Re: Deegan. Why does signing Wordsworth mean Deegan won't be here? They are totally different types of players. Personally I think if we can re-sign Deegan for cheap he'll be a useful defensive midfielder to have in the squad.

I agree we need 2-3 more strikers, but scoring goals starts in midfield and McLaughlin would be a good addition on the wing, and I think if he joins then Hurst will go (barely played in the 2nd half of the season).

Like to keep hold of Hurst, to see if he can rediscover his earlier form, if he could we all no how good he can be.

Although I like McGaughlin, do we really need another midfielder? Would rather the money be spent on 3 more strikers and if Thompson/prosser leave then at least 1 or 2 centre backs. However, to do well next season we will need to improve our attacking ability from last season certainly on the goal front and from midfield.
I agree we do need more strikers, but I really liked McCaughlin when he was here and would want him back at the club. Do we have to buy him? Could it be another loan?

Back