• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

be good to add to a transfer budget we got from promotion that's if theres any money in that budget judging from the below par signings this week

Please give over. You may think the signings are below par, the rest of us are a lot more realistic and are quite happy with what's been done so far.

be good to add to a transfer budget we got from promotion that's if theres any money in that budget judging from the below par signings this week

You're a real barrel of laughs..............geez this is Southend ...not Real Madrid.....move on and drink from the "half full" glass, rather than the "half empty" one you seem set to drown yourself in ...

I am realistic id prefer more ambition and if we have the cash go for players with pace who are guaranteed to get 20 or more goals

It is unrealistic to expect us to sign someone who is guaranteed to get 20 goals at this level. If they were then they'd go for a top League 1 team or a Championship team.

We all get it, you don't rate Mooney or Wordsworth and if you keep repeating yourself then those posts will be deleted.

The other teams are:

Cardiff
Derby
Ipswich
Bolton
Peterborough
Rotherham
Carlisle
Coventry
Newport

personally it would be a travesty if any of the Championship clubs won the cash, the likes Derby, Cardiff, Bolton and Ipswich aren't exactly strapped for cash.

A club likes ours, would benefit significantly more, I guess Newport fans would agree... All the other, do they really need it?

Fingers crossed for R Milne

how much would Piggott cost? Will Charlton want a fee for him...

Am I right in thinking the £250k doesn't have to go on transfer fees, and can be used as wages instead? That could get us a very good out of contract player or 2 who would be way out of range at the moment.

Am I right in thinking the £250k doesn't have to go on transfer fees, and can be used as wages instead? That could get us a very good out of contract player or 2 who would be way out of range at the moment.

Yes....that's correct. I'd prefer a couple of decent acquisitions on moderate wages so not to upset the team spirit myself.

i don't like this, it's a rubbish competition that distorts the league for nothing more than marketing reasons. clubs should only get what they beg, steal and/or borrow (launder, acquire by legal but immoral means etc etc) and not have that supplemented by some marketing excercise

grrrr:angry:

/rant

See now, I got Rotherham wrong. I guess that stems from wanting to see us plant a big fat win under the fat prick's nose!

Edit - and nothing to offend the sweat filter, result!

Back