• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who said anything about panic buying or even buying full stop?

At present we have two strikers at the club one of which is a youth player with little or no experience I was merely enquiring wether there was an update in relation to hunt.

Put your toys back In the pram.

We are facing premier league opposition Saturday and don't have a strike force.

Saturday means nothing. We can play 451 or play Williams.

Even if we don't play 433 for part of the game we have the following who can play up front

Mooney, Williams, Wordsworth, Weston

Plus don't discount we may have at least one trialist forward (and all this assumes that one of the transfer targets does not sign before Sat).

In the end signing someone we don't really want just so we have another forward for a friendly won't happen

You mean we're going to sign a pair of Hunts?

Not for the first time!Though Peter(short midfielder signed in 1969),and Johnathan(tall midfielder 1993)were,unsurprisingly,not brothers.

Yeah and that is my concern against vastly superior opposition.

A game we arent expected to win, and get nothing if we do.

Saturday means nothing, couldnt care less if we lose 5-0.

Even if we don't play 433 for part of the game we have the following who can play up front

Mooney, Williams, Wordsworth, Weston

Plus don't discount we may have at least one trialist forward (and all this assumes that one of the transfer targets does not sign before Sat).

In the end signing someone we don't really want just so we have another forward for a friendly won't happen

Indeed, we can play 442 with Weston or Williams up there, play 4411 with Wordsworth/Payne in the hole, or 433 with Weston/Worrall out wide or 451.

Plenty of options for the one game.

Indeed, we can play 442 with Weston or Williams up there, play 4411 with Wordsworth/Payne in the hole, or 433 with Weston/Worrall out wide or 451.

Actually I wouldn't be happy to lose 5-0 at home to any team

Southend United manager Phil Brown set to hold more talks with Noel Hunt

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is set to hold more transfer talks with Noel Hunt today.

More...

And tell all our rivals who is potentially looking @ L1 and who our scouting network have picked out....seems sensible.

Done it for most of the preseason so far.. The Echo have pretty much been all over who's coming and going.

Just seen a bloke who looked a bit like Noel Hunt only fatter standing at the bus stop by Roots Hall with a carrier bag. There was also a guy there who looked quite similar to Dimitar Berbatov who was smoking a fag and waiting with a buggy. Both blokes were wearing jogging bottoms. Talks with PB? Double signing?

Just seen a bloke who looked a bit like Noel Hunt only fatter standing at the bus stop by Roots Hall with a carrier bag. There was also a guy there who looked quite similar to Dimitar Berbatov who was smoking a fag and waiting with a buggy. Both blokes were wearing jogging bottoms. Talks with PB? Double signing?

To be fair , Noel Hunt does look like a fatter version of himself , so it could have been him.

Saturday means nothing. We can play 451 or play Williams.
I agree, sat is about money, not about preparing a team for 1st div football. We always seem to play West Ham in our first friendly, when maybe we are not yet at our fittest.

Actually I wouldn't be happy to lose 5-0 at home to any team

It's only a friendly.

i'm with Tommy on this . I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, I think we all get that; but I don't EVER want to see us beaten 5-0 at home, especially when there is going to be a large away following giving it large.

I can't believe a Southend supporter really means couldnt care less if we lose 5-0.

i'm with Tommy on this . I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, I think we all get that; but I don't EVER want to see us beaten 5-0 at home, especially when there is going to be a large away following giving it large.

I can't believe a Southend supporter really means couldnt care less if we lose 5-0.

I didn't care one bit when we lost against Spurs last week, nor would I care if West Ham hammered ('scuse the pun) us.

Its a friendly, they are pointless.

Id be a little more concerned if we got hammered by Braintree, but a Premiership side in a game that means nothing? Nah not fussed.

It's a pre season friendly and it's all about fitness, don't give a damn. Plus the money we get on Sat, will cover the wages for this month!

Back