• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I have a meeting with the club on Wednesday to discuss problems and issues that have arisen with W block and not to mention safety.

I have to report some sad news that at the Stevenage game quite a few seats were broken by our own fans, let me just say that ain't on! I know some may have been broken by accident but the club won't tolerate any vandalism and neither will we as fans! We need to support our club but never at its own cost.

Any questions you want asked please stick them in this thread and I will do my best to get answers

Firstly , I think you guys do a great job in creating a really great atmosphere in the ground ( and away ) and I for one would not want that lost in any way.
I think the team appreciate it too , so please try to find a way that 'keeps the atmosphere' but allows the club to monitor the area in the way that they and the FL would want.
I think it is all about the club being clear and to make that information known as early as possible ( either in general for every game or match by match basis ).
If people need to buy tickets for that area then the club need to ensure that is made clear.
It will not suit everyone , but I think early and clear communication is the best way forward.
Good luck.

have to report some sad news that at the Stevenage game quite a few seats were broken by our own fans, let me just say that ain't on! I know some may have been broken by accident but the club won't tolerate any vandalism and neither will we as fans! We need to support our club but never at its own cost.

But when it happened at Orient, that was OK I seem to remember (not pointing the finger at you TB).

Give 'em the North west corner and you have to buy a ticket there with face printed on the ticket and then wait until all away fans have left before leaving or visa versa

For me, even though I don't sit in W block I think they do a great job although I would rather more pro SUFC songs rather than mocking away fans as much. I think more sufc songs with get others more involved. But credit were credit is due, there were some fantastic atmospheres last season, home and away.

My problem is the little boys who think they are in Green Street and have a few times (which I have seen) decided to leg it and knock over kids etc in the process. I'm sure they didn't mean to knock anyone over but this made me dislike a portion of our fans and that something I have never though until the end of last season. When they act like that they just embarass themselves and the club.

to where, exactly ?

South lower. Poor view but that doesn't seem the bother those who go to the W block as its poor there too but it's a central point of the stadium and the fan base. At the moment it's shoved away in the corner cut off from the rest of the supporters which is why in my opinion it's difficult to get the whole ground singing. I don't think you have that issue if it was moved to a more central point

plus in the south lower you aren't drawn into nonsense with away supporters

I have a meeting with the club on Wednesday to discuss problems and issues that have arisen with W block and not to mention safety.

I have to report some sad news that at the Stevenage game quite a few seats were broken by our own fans, let me just say that ain't on! I know some may have been broken by accident but the club won't tolerate any vandalism and neither will we as fans! We need to support our club but never at its own cost.

Any questions you want asked please stick them in this thread and I will do my best to get answers

Scott.

One question. If the club wants us to buy tickets in 'W' then two things.

Proper stewarding at the big games. I.e. if I have a season ticket in W then I expect to use my seat even if work commitments mean I can't get to the match before ko. This is the same expectation as everyone else in the ground.
Again for big games they should advertise X as restrictive viewing IMO. Richly or wrongly its not realistic to think we are all going to sit. Having sad that, in return to letting us stand I would accept moving to X ( although I would prefer not to naturally).

I sat in the W block for most of last season, and wouldn't have a problem buying a ticket specifically for the W block. Seems a sensible idea to me. I do think the W block come in for some unfair criticism - there have been 1 or 2 isolated incidents by a few idiots in the whole of last season, but in the main the atmosphere that has been created has been fantastic and I really think it encourages the team.

Maybe bring the drum up to the top of the block - hopefully that will encourage more singing from the rest of the West Stand as I think it would be louder there.

South lower. Poor view but that doesn't seem the bother those who go to the W block as its poor there too but it's a central point of the stadium and the fan base. At the moment it's shoved away in the corner cut off from the rest of the supporters which is why in my opinion it's difficult to get the whole ground singing. I don't think you have that issue if it was moved to a more central point

Think the South Lower view is quite a bit worse than the W block. Would put me off to be honest if TBV moved to the South Lower.

Fair shout, but I think you'd get just as much nonsense aimed at the oppositions goalkeeper (and ours, if he was having a stinker). Would you want the junior sections either side of the swearing etc ?
The view is so poor I certainly wouldn't move to there to join in with TBV.

Agree with you but can't see the club being keen on that, given that they seem to put a lot of the young teams in there when they do community days and things like that. Bad view would only be made worse by everyone standing too.

Scott.

One question. If the club wants us to buy tickets in 'W' then two things.

Proper stewarding at the big games. I.e. if I have a season ticket in W then I expect to use my seat even if work commitments mean I can't get to the match before ko. This is the same expectation as everyone else in the ground.
Again for big games they should advertise X as restrictive viewing IMO. Richly or wrongly its not realistic to think we are all going to sit. Having sad that, in return to letting us stand I would accept moving to X ( although I would prefer not to naturally).

The stewarding was nowhere near good enough at the Stevenage game. Typical SUFC trying to get by with the cheapest option all the time. If it was adequate enough, surely they would have seen the culprits of the alleged vandalism !!

Last edited:
How about the east blues? Just an idea and creates a good sound. It seems to me it could be managed better with stewarding..

The stewarding was nowhere near good enough at the Stevenage game. Typical SUFC trying to get by with the cheapest option all the time. It it was adequate enough, surely they would have seen the culprits of the alleged vandalism !!

If we can't trust our own fans not to trash our own ground then stewarding issues are the least of our problem.

Back in the day many moons ago the core of the singers was in the south lower but we moved due to the poor sound generated

I would love to see us have the whole of the north and away fans in the south lower or East red yellow and blue

Firstly does anyone really think that our own fans are smashing up our own seats - come on. At Orient people clearly did it to make a point but no SUFC is going to deliberately break seats at Roots Hall.

The scenes when we scored were mental and people were falling all over the place in celebration. I was knocked to the floor along with another lad and we were pulled up by a mate. Not an issue but this was not an ordinary goal celebration.

Finally as mentioned the club once again need to look at them selves. I had a ticket for W Block but got there late. Got to W block and was told to find another seat as W was full. It was two to a seat at that point and you could not see the gangway. The stewards then left bang on kick off so I along with another 50 odd lads went and pushed our way in W block. I dont personally care it was stupidly rammed as I like it that way but I think the seats could have been damaged that way with people climbing on seats etc.

Club should be glad to have a few hundred like minded people that like to get behind the club and actually create a bit of atmosphere.

From my view i only saw chairs broken through pure celebration and delight no real intentions with damaging the chairs on purpose. There is no real other option or location for TBV to be housed other than W.

jnr

Exactly DTS and Ramsdenblue. Yes, the scenes were crazy, with people jumping on top of each other in celebration etc, and maybe seats could have got broken, but I very much doubt blues supporters would have vandalised the seats on purpose, just for the hell of it. As mentioned before, the stewarding and organisation of the block was sub-standard. There were lots of families with young children that should never have been in there (although the kids were loving it), but in my opinion the club thinks of it's finances first and the safety of the supporters 2nd. It seems to me there is always a sudden reaction whenever something comes up that is going to set the club back a few quid.

Back