• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firstly does anyone really think that our own fans are smashing up our own seats - come on. At Orient people clearly did it to make a point but no SUFC is going to deliberately break seats at Roots Hall.

The scenes when we scored were mental and people were falling all over the place in celebration. I was knocked to the floor along with another lad and we were pulled up by a mate. Not an issue but this was not an ordinary goal celebration.

Finally as mentioned the club once again need to look at them selves. I had a ticket for W Block but got there late. Got to W block and was told to find another seat as W was full. It was two to a seat at that point and you could not see the gangway. The stewards then left bang on kick off so I along with another 50 odd lads went and pushed our way in W block. I dont personally care it was stupidly rammed as I like it that way but I think the seats could have been damaged that way with people climbing on seats etc.

Club should be glad to have a few hundred like minded people that like to get behind the club and actually create a bit of atmosphere.

Maybe some of our fans need to look at themselves.

Exactly DTS and Ramsdenblue. Yes, the scenes were crazy, with people jumping on top of each other in celebration etc, and maybe seats could have got broken, but I very much doubt blues supporters would have vandalised the seats on purpose, just for the hell of it. As mentioned before, the stewarding and organisation of the block was sub-standard. There were lots of families with young children that should never have been in there (although the kids were loving it), but in my opinion the club thinks of it's finances first and the safety of the supporters 2nd. It seems to me there is always a sudden reaction whenever something comes up that is going to set the club back a few quid.

I also doubt any damage was on purpose so maybe you should ask the club if there was any damage in other parts of the ground. If there was then it is unfair to single the area out. If there wasn't then maybe the club have a point that having a whole section of mainly young excitable kids is more hassle than it's worth.

The stewarding was nowhere near good enough at the Stevenage game. Typical SUFC trying to get by with the cheapest option all the time. If it was adequate enough, surely they would have seen the culprits of the alleged vandalism !!

You can't blame the club for brainless fans who damage their own teams seats. It's just stupid.

Happy for TBV to have W. However I think tickets must be purchased for W and no moving on the day. Also if I were the club would insist on allocated seating within W so they know who is where. Whilst TBV do create a lot of noise there have been a few incidents also. Any further smoke bombs and its disbanded for good.

That makes no sense. People can buy tickets at the west stand entrance at shakespears drive and no details are taken so how we is that going to work ?

I also doubt any damage was on purpose so maybe you should ask the club if there was any damage in other parts of the ground. If there was then it is unfair to single the area out. If there wasn't then maybe the club have a point that having a whole section of mainly young excitable kids is more hassle than it's worth.

To be fair , with our ground it's pretty hard to tell.........................

The stewarding was nowhere near good enough at the Stevenage game. Typical SUFC trying to get by with the cheapest option all the time. If it was adequate enough, surely they would have seen the culprits of the alleged vandalism !!

Firstly does anyone really think that our own fans are smashing up our own seats - come on. At Orient people clearly did it to make a point but no SUFC is going to deliberately break seats at Roots Hall.

The scenes when we scored were mental and people were falling all over the place in celebration. I was knocked to the floor along with another lad and we were pulled up by a mate. Not an issue but this was not an ordinary goal celebration.

Finally as mentioned the club once again need to look at them selves. I had a ticket for W Block but got there late. Got to W block and was told to find another seat as W was full. It was two to a seat at that point and you could not see the gangway. The stewards then left bang on kick off so I along with another 50 odd lads went and pushed our way in W block. I dont personally care it was stupidly rammed as I like it that way but I think the seats could have been damaged that way with people climbing on seats etc.

Club should be glad to have a few hundred like minded people that like to get behind the club and actually create a bit of atmosphere.

Blame the club rather than the idiots, why don't you:facepalm:You two are unbelievable.

South lower. Poor view but that doesn't seem the bother those who go to the W block as its poor there too but it's a central point of the stadium and the fan base. At the moment it's shoved away in the corner cut off from the rest of the supporters which is why in my opinion it's difficult to get the whole ground singing. I don't think you have that issue if it was moved to a more central point

plus in the south lower you aren't drawn into nonsense with away supporters

This is so correct ,well played AB.

Being near away fans is fairly mad and should not be allowed.

This is so correct ,well played AB.

Being near away fans is fairly mad and should not be allowed.

Part of the reason I like the w block is the atmosphere and banter with the away support. A lot of people like a beer and a smoke and the West accommodates both. I wouldn't bother if it was south lower.

I genuinely don't understand the problem with signing at the opposition fans. Can someone explain it to me? If it's about swearing then we swear in our own songs. If it's about generating an atmosphere, you need to vary the songs to stop people getting bored.

As long as it's not discriminatory (racist/homophobic etc.) I don't see the problem.

I hope they leave W block as it is, maybe they could put a couple of stewards on the steps to keep an eye on everyone in the block (or a few on various rows in the NW corner?)

I genuinely don't understand the problem with signing at the opposition fans. Can someone explain it to me? If it's about swearing then we swear in our own songs. If it's about generating an atmosphere, you need to vary the songs to stop people getting bored.

As long as it's not discriminatory (racist/homophobic etc.) I don't see the problem.

I hope they leave W block as it is, maybe they could put a couple of stewards on the steps to keep an eye on everyone in the block (or a few on various rows in the NW corner?)

Depends on what you deem the role of TBV to be.

If its to stand up in one corner of the ground shouting at the away fans then thats certainly being achieved.

If its to generate a positive atmosphere throughout the ground then it does that to an extent, but not entirely. They do a good job down there, but we are in a situation where the opposition and home singers are all up one end of the ground.

If we had a better location at the opposite end of the ground that would be better for the purpose of generating an atmosphere thoughout the entire ground.

Theres nothing wrong with singing songs aimed at the opposition though, but many dont go there to do that, but to be in close proximity to get involved in "banter".

I totally agree. However, I would be shocked if any were broken on purpose.

I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't be surprised. It was mentioned that it was at the Stevenage game, so when they scored and people got angry...

Maybe (hopefully), it was just through utter delight when McLaughlin and Timlin scored, but I've seen a few things from our younger "fans" this season that I've not seen before, and have genuinely embarrassed me.

everyone should give details and actually sell tickets for this area for every game then when a chair is broke or certain bit off the w block cause trouble you can contact them and know who it is

Everyone talks of a good central location and the north bank tick all the boxes but what we don't want is the isolation of
TBV from the rest of the ground. That's why W was so good because it was easy for the west to join in making it spread around the ground

jnr

Depends on what you deem the role of TBV to be.

If its to stand up in one corner of the ground shouting at the away fans then thats certainly being achieved.

If its to generate a positive atmosphere throughout the ground then it does that to an extent, but not entirely. They do a good job down there, but we are in a situation where the opposition and home singers are all up one end of the ground.

If we had a better location at the opposite end of the ground that would be better for the purpose of generating an atmosphere thoughout the entire ground.

Theres nothing wrong with singing songs aimed at the opposition though, but many dont go there to do that, but to be in close proximity to get involved in "banter".

This is difficult to achieve when everyone wants to stand up. Anywhere other than one of the corners means someone's view will be obscured and as good as the atmosphere is, it shouldn't come at that price.

Back