• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club in talks to sign Pigott and McLaughlin

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has revealed he is still in talks to bring Joe Pigott and Stephen McLaughlin back to the club.

More...

If we can get Pigott on a permanent (modest fee with sell on like Bolger) I would say definitely yes

Mooney
Pigott
a couple of other decent strikers plus Williams

looks Ok (especially if at least one of the other strikers is pacey with an eye for goal)

I haven't seen too much of the Pig I must admit due to limitations on the matches I could attend last season, I but I thought he looked ok in the playoffs and took his goal in the final really well. I'd have him back.

Macca is a must have,I think his delivery is excellent and with more time in this division I predict he will be brilliant.
Piggy is an ok type of forward but IMO is a bit one dimensional.

I believe if we sign :pig:, he will be our highest scoring Striker...

I think we should sign the Pig because he already has a smilie.

both please I do like the pig think he knows were the goal is ,got quick feet .think he can improve but got to sign him not loan

Will be eternally grateful for Pigott's goal, but, the thought of signing him permanently doesn't excite me. I have no idea how he managed to possess such composure at Wembley because the majority of the time he looked clumsy and his finishing left a lot to be desired. Would obviously give him the benefit of the doubt and treat as a new signing and would be delighted if he could perform at League 1 level, I'm just not sure he has the quality.

McLaughlin I like and would welcome him with open arms. Good solid winger who can chip in with goals, him, Wordsworth and Worrall in the same starting line-up sounds exciting!

I think those not fancying piggy have short memories...The first part of his loan spell he was electric....half a dozen goals in 7 games I think. And of course that goal. Showed he can score goals given the right service and is young too. I think both would be good signings.....another striker a must though.

Macca is a must have,I think his delivery is excellent and with more time in this division I predict he will be brilliant.
Piggy is an ok type of forward but IMO is a bit one dimensional.

I thought he didn't want the ball enough and gave it away too much in important areas. Decent assists/goals record but was not overly impressed

Can't help but think some people only want Piggott because of his goal at Wembley! Without Cassidy next to him he didn't look like much of a threat!

Both be great signings, cant understand the lack of Pig love! Showed great composure and skill to score THAT goal, has a godo work ethic too. Sure, he is a bit inconsistent but again you have to ask yourself, who do you expect us to sign. We are a newy promoted Leauge 1 club with not a lot of money to throw about. I think he is as good as we can get and will thrive alongside the likes of Mooney and Wordsworth.

As others I dont rate Piggott as a forward, however I do think he could operate effectively as an attacking midfielder.

The key about both players is they're a) young b) available on frees and c) obviously have something about them. If they were the full package we wouldn't be in with a shout of landing them. Our aim should be to bring them in, knock the rough edges off them and hopefully move them on at a profit having benefitted from their ability. That's the only sustainable model we can hope to achieve.

Back