• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club in talks to sign Pigott and McLaughlin

Simply because he was on fire when he came then the goals dried up.

More than happy to have him back though, he showed he can do it and hopefully the improved midfield will be to his benefit.

Its only going to be a loan though isnt it?

I think that Pigott could become a top player. He has a fantastic touch and good technique, just needs a little bit more ruthlessness/selfishness in front of goal. But I would only really be interested if we were able to sign him permanently rather than on a season-long loan.

Do you mean the pub in Leigh Broadway? Their beer was always a bit dodgy.

Yeah but they've given it a lick of paint , cleaned the blood off the carpet and renamed it The Broadway , so it's obviously so much better than it was .........

RE Deegan signing PB has said his agent is a pain and everything takes forever- the agent in the end is trying to get a better deal (normally suggesting a number of other clubs are interested) and it's his job but would be very surprised if this is not done in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully a year with an option on our part for one more. I think Deegan is one of those players who may be better in L1 than L2 as a lot more ply goes thru the midfield and hence his particular attributes will be somewhat more useful..

I havent seen much of either player ,just the matches agaist Stevenage and Wycombe via a stream, but on what i saw i believe both would be good signings for SUFC,i liked the composure of Piggott and the way he took that goal in the final,was calm ,cool and collected, given more experince i think he will be a valuable asset .
Pigott was the calmest one in the stadium when THAT chance came to him.

Not sure other players are always the best sources of what is going on at their club, but let's hope he's right on this one.

I've no idea why Pigott's gone from being loved by everyone to not being rated. He's a young, talented player. Would be a great signing.

If you care to name a better source that's available I'm happy to listen?

If we could find another young talented striker (easier said than done)

I would like us not to take Piggott back as it can only go downhill for him from now on.

His last touches for the club should be consigned to glorious history.

Just my thoughts though

Would be a good addition I think. Good quality player who will only improve with games and I would back to continue his 1/3 goalscoring ratio. 2 year deal with a 1 year option in our favour please.

If we could find another young talented striker (easier said than done)

I would like us not to take Piggott back as it can only go downhill for him from now on.

His last touches for the club should be consigned to glorious history.

Just my thoughts though

Regardless of what happens with :pig: from here on THAT goal will forever be consigned to glorious history no matter what. Personally I think he'd be a decent signing, although Hunt is the one I really want. Both would be fantastic.

I am pretty sure Princess Diana used to drink in The Carlton.

That is the only reason I can think of for the memorial by the zebra crossing outside Leigh church.

She did. I remember seeing her in there a couple of times during the mid-90s at those dodgy 80s disco nights they used to put on. Nice girl. Even offered me her lighter once.

Back