• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi all,

With the summer break dragging, and not much on here aside from 47 pages of chat about kits, thought I'd take the chance to post a link to a song my dad has written.

He's been a Shrimper for decades and is getting back into his music as he gets closer to retirement - got to have something to do for the 6 days a week the blues aren't playing.

Anyway, he's not much a social media-type and asked if I'd post the video here to get some views; Roots Hall, Southend United and even The Blue Voice all get namechecked!

Anyway, next time the annual chat about club songs come up...

[video=youtube;hflb0xmnq1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hflb0xmnq1c[/video]

Cheers,

tfm

Well its nice someone wrote a song about Southend, but in the most diplomatic way I can say it, music is a very personal taste, and Im not sure Id appreciate hearing it that much at the ground.:smile:

I did not want to be the first to be negative. SO I WON'T.

this should be our entry for Eurovision which should give you my thoughts on it.

good luck but I won't be humming, singing or buying it :smile:

Hi all,

With the summer break dragging, and not much on here aside from 47 pages of chat about kits, thought I'd take the chance to post a link to a song my dad has written.

He's been a Shrimper for decades and is getting back into his music as he gets closer to retirement - got to have something to do for the 6 days a week the blues aren't playing.

Anyway, he's not much a social media-type and asked if I'd post the video here to get some views; Roots Hall, Southend United and even The Blue Voice all get namechecked!

Anyway, next time the annual chat about club songs come up...

[video=youtube;hflb0xmnq1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hflb0xmnq1c[/video]

Cheers,

tfm

Thanks so much, the_forgotten_man. I loved the song and the scenes from Southend, the place of my birth. Your efforts are hugely appreciated in New Zealand.

As we like to say here, 'Good on ya, mate!'

Nice catchy tune, good bit of nostalgia and loved the slide show with it. Now get to work on an anthem for the Blue Voice.

:smile:

Back