• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it not free on Saturdays as well? For a lot of supporters after 6 p.m. is fine for the evening games.

Free parking in Southend, yer avin a larf.
The new car park behind Quantock block of flats is a prime case for 'It's all about the money'. They started off at £1 for an hour, fair enough, but then they changed it to £1.10 an hour. Now as a lot of drivers will not have that 10p in change, they have to put the next biggest coin in that they have, sometimes you end up putting £2 in, and of course you get no change. Of course the council thought of this when they craftily added that extra 10p.

Saturday in the Fred household involves Mrs Fred sorting out the weeks washing in the morning and then making lunch. She then drops me and the Fredlets down at Roots Hall, allowing her to return to complete other household chores before returning to Roots Hall to pick us up. Dinner is served at 6-6.30.

One concession I do allow is that if we decide to go to the Fish House for lunch, she can get back and start the dusting and ironing earlier with Eastenders on in the background.

Hence, it saves on parking hassles and charges and all the housework gets done. Simples.

Doesn't everyone else do this?:winking:

How much is the school parking? If I had to drive thats where Id go, only a short walk from there.

Is it not free on Saturdays as well? For a lot of supporters after 6 p.m. is fine for the evening games.

I parked there for most games last season. Can assure you it is not free on Saturday or Sunday, only after 6 . Believe it is free on Christmas Day though. Agreed it is fine for evening games.

I parked there for most games last season. Can assure you it is not free on Saturday or Sunday, only after 6 . Believe it is free on Christmas Day though. Agreed it is fine for evening games.

No, not even free on Christmas Day or Bank Holidays. All Southend BC town centre car parks charge daily, and they mean daily. Some do only charge 11-17 on Sundays, rest of the time it's 9-18.
Seafront used to be 9-21 but is now 9-18.
Be careful if you use the Shorefield Road car park if you go to the Cliffs Pavilion, that is 9-21, and they do check regularly, so be warned.
Seaway charges from 8-midnight......

.....and something on the OS today about away coaches not being allowed to park at Roots Hall this season (?). Hmm, memories of that rogue Cambridge coach parking up near the Spread last season spring to mind.

I have had a ticket for Roots Hall car park for many years but have lost out this time. I was told that the 60 spaces sold out by 3pm Wednesday.The car park must hold about 200 cars but most spaces are reserved for Directors players corporate guests etc.Does anyone know the capacity at Southend High School for boys on match days?

They started charging at Civic Centre a few years ago. I was 4 minutes late for one game and was walking down the footpath when the warden was waiting and printed the ticket. There were only two cars in the whole car park. I accept if you are late on a busy shopping day but they are a private company so profit is everything. It is £4 for four hours if it is a cup came with possible extra time.

Don't forget, a bit further along is the hospital car park which is not so busy on Saturdays and is £3 for 3 hours

Don't forget, a bit further along is the hospital car park which is not so busy on Saturdays and is £3 for 3 hours

You might as well park in the Earls Hall Estate if you are going to walk that far, for free.

Not sure if this is related or not but OS says that away coaches not allowed to park this season

Just out of curiosity, I emailed about hospital parking, I don't park there, I park near Cukoo Corner. Here's the response:

"While there is nothing to stop you parking at the hospital and paying the appropriate fee, parking spaces are limited at the hospital site.

I’m sure you understand that patients and visitors need to use the limited spaces to visit loved ones or attend appointments for consultations or treatments. With this in mind I would politely request that you try not to use a parking space at the hospital that a patient or visitor could use, if you are not visiting or attending for an appointment"

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I emailed about hospital parking, I don't park there, I park near Cukoo Corner. Here's my response:

"While there is nothing to stop you parking at the hospital and paying the appropriate fee, parking spaces are limited at the hospital site.

I’m sure you understand that patients and visitors need to use the limited spaces to visit loved ones or attend appointments for consultations or treatments. With this in mind I would politely request that you try not to use a parking space at the hospital that a patient or visitor could use, if you are not visiting or attending for an appointment"

...... and quite right too, although I would have thought that was obvious !!!

I always use street parking and have never had a problem. Roads on opposite side of Vic Ave round the back of Churchill Gardens - Crowborough etc, alternatively roads off Fairfax, Prittlewell Chase, even Hobleythick, there are always places to park. Don't really see what the fuss is about. There's no need to pay to park near Roots Hall.

Back