• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On another note, Dimitri Payet was a class apart and think he'll do very well for them this season.

GOALS CONCEDED- IS THERE SCOPE FOR IMPROVEMENT?

Let's look at them and consider.......

1) The free-kick was less than full-speed and didn't go in the very top corner,so Bentley's positioning of himself and his wall must be questioned.
Answer....YES. Bentley should continue to improve.

2) Payne loses possession when trying to dribble bang in the middle of HIS OWN half.
Answer....YES. But Payne must surely have been told about this,one would hope.

3) Prosser sending the ball in the wrong direction happens so often, his high tally of own goals is unsurprising.
Answer....NO.Sadly.

3) Basic player basic own goal....Reminds me of Port Vale I think at home when he sliced it into his own net. Did he score against Crewe in the play off second leg as well.......What we see in him is beyond me.

Mrsblue what did you think of Jason Williams yesterday then?

Being fair,

When Phil made multi subs second half he left Williams still on the bench,when he eventually went on he was playing the lone role against very good defenders,looked overweight to me though,but I thought he did ok.

The 10 for them was outstanding.

Wonder why Steve Bruce was there?

Was very impressed with the first half team PB put out the new signings looked good! Not sure about playing bolger and prosper together I didn't really like that combination. Don't think it would be a massive loss selling prosser to Northampton and getting someone else in.

But the key area I think we need new players in is upfront which everyone knows but also right and left back. White looked out of place against West Ham and we rely on Leonard and prosser to cover the rb and lb areas.

Being fair,

When Phil made multi subs second half he left Williams still on the bench,when he eventually went on he was playing the lone role against very good defenders,looked overweight to me though,but I thought he did ok.

The 10 for them was outstanding.

Wonder why Steve Bruce was there?

So in answer to Romford Shrimpers question , you also thought he was pants !

Jason Williams did look overweight. Shame as when he was on loan at Welling he did quite well, he was rated quite highly there.

To be fair he didn't really get a chance to do anything the game had died well before he came on.

Not sure he did 'ok' either, only touched the ball a couple of times made very few runs and showed pretty much zero movement. Being asked to play the lone striker may not suit him but that doesn't stop hin making runs like Mooney was earlier.

Based on what we have seen so far and should we sign Hunt and Pigott I think Williams won't be too involved just yet.

I'm afraid Williams was embarrassing, both in appearance (whatever is his weight??) and performance - no way is he going to be in contention for a first team spot.
But of more concern to me was David Worrell. I know it's early days, but he looked as grossly overweight as Hurst was this time last year. I think you can tell a lot about players by how well they look after themselves in the close season. On this evidence Worrell and Williams have a lot of work to do on their fitness.
I imagine that's the last we will see of the two triallists. I agree that the much maligned Miles Weston was the stand out player. Let's hope he has a decent season ahead of him.

Grossly over weight? Are you kidding, he's as slim as a bean pole. Think you might need you eyes tested.

Grossly over weight? Are you kidding, he's as slim as a bean pole. Think you might need you eyes tested.

Have to agree with this. saw him yesterday, there is nothing of him. Hurst on the other hand does still look a bit bulky, although i thought he played well Saturday

My wife and 8 year old daughter came to their first match.
My wife ( who really has no interest in football and think was only there so our daughter wasn't harmed in any way ! ) commented that Hurst had lovely shiney hair , Deegans beard was great and asked whether Payne was old enough to be playing with the men's team !

Definitely need to go to specsavers. I said to my husband that he looked much slimmer and fitter plus I like his clean shaven look as well :thumbsup:

Lol my wife made similar comments about Ted Smith - far too young and wiry she reckons lol

Jason Williams did look overweight. Shame as when he was on loan at Welling he did quite well, he was rated quite highly there.

As my comments on the Wakering thread, I've seen him in a few games now, not mobile at all, poor movement....I do hope PB is not thinking he is the man!

As my comments on the Wakering thread, I've seen him in a few games now, not mobile at all, poor movement....I do hope PB is not thinking he is the man!

PB is probably thinking that Jason is the man for the U21 team. No more than that for the moment.

Hawkesy at Chelmsford was very impressed by Williams and would take him back without hesitation. Could be worth sending him back there, he was scoring freely and even if he doesn't get back here a season of scoring goals at that level could see us in a Lee Angol situation and making a few quid on him

Hawkesy at Chelmsford was very impressed by Williams and would take him back without hesitation. Could be worth sending him back there, he was scoring freely and even if he doesn't get back here a season of scoring goals at that level could see us in a Lee Angol situation and making a few quid on him

Very true,

Williams come on for the last 20 against very good defenders as the lone forward yet some on here think he should of torn the Westham rearguard apart single handed.

Cannot for the life of me understand the club recalling him from Chelmo,should have left him there for the season just to gain further experience.

Dont think he should have torn them apart, but he could have at least made some runs or shown some of that hunger or pace we have been told about.

Mooney seemed able to do so.

Chelmsford too low really, needs to be Conference minimum, League Two would be even better.

Back