• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We've had some shocking kits down the years but never have I seen a season where both kits are this awful imho

Home shirt looks like a kit from the 80's but not in a cool retro way, the shorts oddly seem to be a different shade of Blue and the white socks looks cr@p with the rest.

As for the away kit, well for me that's an absolute shocker of a kit. It's not a colour with any relevance to our club and looks like a kit you would expect in a midweek 5 a side league.

Bad choices, hopefully the home one grows on me

Home shirt looks dated and is just horrible. The away shirt is very bright but the style is better. If the home shirt was in the same style as the away in blue, then that would have been much better. I have always preferred shirts with a collar.

I am not rushing down the shop to place an order but there are positives about both kits. The home blue is a good shade of blue; (it would be better with a collar) and as has been said will look better untucked from the shorts and with the "just unwrapped" folds washed out.
The away kit is lime GREEN (not lime yellow), it is very very noticeable which may be good up north in the grey winter months AND the best thing is,,,,,, it is NOT a Hull dull copy.

My only major gripe is the fact that both shirts still bear the name of Martin Dawn plc on their respective fronts - was hoping that would have changed, but otherwise, I'm happy. For the home shirt, I can simply wear my 1988 Firholm shirt as it is more or less the same pattern, and for away games, I will just slip on my fluorescent cycling shirt!

who picks the shirts .really bad ,I don't mind the away , for me who buys the kits THE FANS so let us vote on it ,then you might make some cash

Why do the club not just narrow the choice down to three and put it to a fans vote like we did with the away kit a few seasons ago? Would make sense seeing as we're the ones they want to buy the bloody thing.

Yeah that worked out well. We ended up with one of the worst kits in our history.

Yeah that worked out well. We ended up with one of the worst kits in our history.

Which is your opinion of course. Many people liked it, voted for it and bought it, which is the aim of all of this. All you need to do is check this thread, Facebook and Twitter to see that the new kit is probably going to be much more miss than hit.

who picks the shirts .really bad ,I don't mind the away , for me who buys the kits THE FANS so let us vote on it ,then you might make some cash

What would be interesting (for me anyway) is if a SZ I.T. savvy person could put a poll up alongside some of the old replica kits and then find out which was/is most popular - I'm guessing the royal blue (+ white sleeved combo) as with the Hi-Tec/Firholm shirts would be the winners.

I would have preferred it if the home kit was the same design as the away kit with the proper collar, but obviously in navy blue. If it had a white collar and white tipped sleeves, it would've been a really classy looking shirt.

Along the lines of this, but Nike:

image.jpg

As said earlier it does remind me a little of the early sixties shirts we were wearing when I first started supporting. I'm left with a slight feeling of "is that what all the fuss was about" with our debates/speculation about new shirts.

Oh well now we can start a thread on next seasons kit :omg:

Back