• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Bentley was to get 20% of the transfer fee then we obviously are liable as thats money out of our pocket.

Bentley will have plenty of clauses in his contract, thats what a contract is. He wont have one that says he gets 20% of the transfer though, that would have been ridiculous for us to put in.

Hence why clubs negotiate and haggle with the transfer fee,If Hull offered x then Ron will want more to cover fees to the player,Ron then demands Y amount which after paying the player the club end up with the original offer.

Hence why clubs negotiate and haggle with the transfer fee,If Hull offered x then Ron will want more to cover fees to the player,Ron then demands Y amount which after paying the player the club end up with the original offer.

"Then we have the players agent, who dependent on their contract with the player will not only be due an on-going commission as part of the players contract of employment (wages and guaranteed income), but may also be due a commission on the signing on fee the player would receive for their transfer to the new club. The agent CANNOT have any vested interest, ownership or receive payment in direct correlation to the transfer fee whether past, present or future, as this would be judged as related to third party ownership"

As you can see from that, the agent gets a share of the signing on fee ONLY. They are not allowed to take any share of the transfer fee, so it is impossible for the agent to take a share of it.

The Signing on fee is a stand alone amount paid by the buying club directly to the player and forms no part of the transfer fee between the two clubs.

So for you to state that the agent takes a share of this supposed "20%" is already incorrect, so maybe you are also incorrect about the 20% to begin with.

"Then we have the players agent, who dependent on their contract with the player will not only be due an on-going commission as part of the players contract of employment (wages and guaranteed income), but may also be due a commission on the signing on fee the player would receive for their transfer to the new club. The agent CANNOT have any vested interest, ownership or receive payment in direct correlation to the transfer fee whether past, present or future, as this would be judged as related to third party ownership"

As you can see from that, the agent gets a share of the signing on fee ONLY. They are not allowed to take any share of the transfer fee, so it is impossible for the agent to take a share of it.

The Signing on fee is a stand alone amount paid by the buying club directly to the player and forms no part of the transfer fee between the two clubs.

So for you to state that the agent takes a share of this supposed "20%" is already incorrect, so maybe you are also incorrect about the 20% to begin with.

Agents will get round that no problem,presented as a gift maybe?

Firstly I think it was a verbal opening gambit by Steve Bruce prior to him finalising his transfer budget (but its unlikely to be a size that would precluded a bid for Dan).

The reality is the widespread press now that we have received and turned down an offer of £1 will flush out very quickly other interested parties (we know that and so does Steve Bruce hence the statement no doubt from the Hull club secretary who has been rolled out as it would be more difficult for SB to deny it).

Where this will end is that it will flush out a bid circa £1.5m I am sure from somewhere (and if it's £1m upfront I cannot believe we would turn it down).

For us the humble supporter its a question of what we would do with them money- if half of it went back into the team then we would problem approve too. Its not so much adding to the wage bill (which adds to the recurring costs, but could help fund Noel Hunt) but places us in a position to go after some younger players like Reuben Reid who would command a fee.

But let's see- if no-one else comes in, the fee is say £300k plus add ons to get to £900k then we might well continue to say no. And as has been said Dan might also think actually I will wait for a better offer- north east Yorkshire not being overly attractive once he has looked at a map.

Given the uncertainty at Hull regarding the owners potentially walking due to the name change being denied, then this probably wouldn'y be the wisest move for Dan, especially as I suspect that he is likely to be a back up to Allan McGregor.

Sit tight Dan and wait for the right offer from the right club.

Fully expect him to leave before the season kicks off. However, can't help thinking that another season or 2 (where he'd still only be 23) with us would really benefit him.

Hopefully if we do sell then we'd be able to get him loaned straight back.

Spot on.....we all know football is squeaky clean and is in no way open to bribes or under the table payments (gifts) I know this to be fact because Sepp Blatter said so....:whistling:

Football transfers are open to far more scrutiny now though. Days of brown paper bags of cash on motorway services are a thing of the past.

What do we reckon the chances are of Dan signing an improved deal with us and adding on another season on top of the year he still has remaining.

That would mean there could be a gentlemens agreement in place that next summer if the right deal comes along we won't stand in his way. That way he would get a years experience in a higher league and also we wouldn't miss out of a fee for him.

That would be a great outcome for us and him. I would be very happy with that, or even Hull or whoever buying him and loaning back to us for the whole season.

I'd like to think as its Bentley and he is a Southend fan and with everything the club has done to get him to this stage, he might want to help us out. Maybe sign an extension to increase his value or stay , sign and then leave January or next summer. But who knows football can be a fickle game.

My apologies - I haven't read all 10 pages.

Can I raise the matter of Nick Pope - the goalie that is with Charlton .......... Pope is about the same age as Bentley.

Well, when I say Pope is with Charlton, I have only seen Pope play for York and for Bury - and a very good goalie he seems to me.

So they are both good goalies, both have played in Division 4 but that is where the similarity ends. Bentley had played for his home team and come up through the ranks whilst Pope has been set out on loan - I don't even know if he has played for Charlton.

So the possible point to consider is that it is fine being linked with a Championship club and fine being signed by them but there are no guarantees of first team football and there is no substitute for the experience gained from playing competitive league matches.

It is possible that Bentley could lose his place in the 1st XI at Southend but the high probability of playing league football, week in and week out for Southend versus a possibility of being on the bench in a league higher is something I would give some consideration to.

My apologies - I haven't read all 10 pages.

Can I raise the matter of Nick Pope - the goalie that is with Charlton .......... Pope is about the same age as Bentley.

Well, when I say Pope is with Charlton, I have only seen Pope play for York and for Bury - and a very good goalie he seems to me.

So they are both good goalies, both have played in Division 4 but that is where the similarity ends. Bentley had played for his home team and come up through the ranks whilst Pope has been set out on loan - I don't even know if he has played for Charlton.

So the possible point to consider is that it is fine being linked with a Championship club and fine being signed by them but there are no guarantees of first team football and there is no substitute for the experience gained from playing competitive league matches.

It is possible that Bentley could lose his place in the 1st XI at Southend but the high probability of playing league football, week in and week out for Southend versus a possibility of being on the bench in a league higher is something I would give some consideration to.

Pope's an excellent keeper, I might even go as far to say a better keeper, but your point is a good one. What Bentley needs to ensure a first team spot is as big a transfer fee as possible. The bigger the fee the more chances he'll be given to justify it.

Back