• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Question for those of you who have recent experience of sitting in the East Stand...

We had season tickets in the South Upper last year (front row) - cracking view, but cramped as hell in terms of widths and legroom.

I haven't been in the East for donkeys years - not since the 96/97 season probably...are there any areas here (whether lower or upper paddock) that have decent enough leg room which may persuade us to re-evaluate our seat choice for this season?

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated :smile:

Sherif, west stand row R has the widest legroom in the whole stadium, pending the front row A of course. I am six foot four inches and I am comfortable sitting in that row. it's worth having a look.

Don't do it. We had the same problem with the front row South Upper so just bought our seats in the second row which is much better. Same view, much better leg-room.

The first row (as you go down the stairs) in what would have been the paddock area of the East Stand has slightly more leg room than the other rows (i.e. the back row of the paddock); another "leg" room alternative is the very last row so you can stand up without blocking anyone. Good seat hunting.

To be honest Scott, I spent most of the last three of four years in Block W, but for all TBV's efforts, the Club can't organise or manage the area properly, and if we are paying nigh on £400 a pop, I don't want the inconvenience of having a barney with someone because they are standing in front of me and my old man, blocking the view the whole game - a shame, as I would prefer to stand...just not necessarily in W.

Don't do it. We had the same problem with the front row South Upper so just bought our seats in the second row which is much better. Same view, much better leg-room.

Tell that to the guy in Row C. I spent all season with his knees in my back, I now have a permanent indent

Question for those of you who have recent experience of sitting in the East Stand...

We had season tickets in the South Upper last year (front row) - cracking view, but cramped as hell in terms of widths and legroom.

I haven't been in the East for donkeys years - not since the 96/97 season probably...are there any areas here (whether lower or upper paddock) that have decent enough leg room which may persuade us to re-evaluate our seat choice for this season?

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated :smile:
I have for the last 10 years been sitting in the East Stand Green seats Row G. This is the front Row of the old East Stand before they put seats in the Paddock Area, being over 6ft. the benefit is there is more leg room + you can always lean on the wooden barrier before the Paddock seats start. You could always go into the ground and try out that row(G). However I know there is not a lot of spare seats where I sit in that row as it generally is full of Season Ticket Holders. It may well depend on how many seats you require.

I have for the last 10 years been sitting in the East Stand Green seats Row G. This is the front Row of the old East Stand before they put seats in the Paddock Area, being over 6ft. the benefit is there is more leg room + you can always lean on the wooden barrier before the Paddock seats start. You could always go into the ground and try out that row(G). However I know there is not a lot of spare seats where I sit in that row as it generally is full of Season Ticket Holders. It may well depend on how many seats you require.

Yes, this is true, however, if, like me, you normally have your knees at a 90 degree angle with your feet flat on the floor, you may find you can't do this here - well, I can't, I guess I have long legs which means when my heels are directly below my knees, my toes need to overhang the edge in front and I can't do this here as there's a wooden barrier in the way!

That may sound a bit complicated but it's hard to explain!

Yes, this is true, however, if, like me, you normally have your knees at a 90 degree angle with your feet flat on the floor, you may find you can't do this here - well, I can't, I guess I have long legs which means when my heels are directly below my knees, my toes need to overhang the edge in front and I can't do this here as there's a wooden barrier in the way!

That may sound a bit complicated but it's hard to explain!

It does sound complicated,but then most women are.:winking:

Back