• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Various rumours on different Twitter accounts suggesting that they will bid up to £1.6m for DB if Rob Green leaves.
Not sure we could turn that kind of money down in the event that we can't agree an extension to his contract (and we all know that is only in our interest).

Let's see- but I think at £1.6m with the majority up front we would be reaching a point where it would be difficult from a footballing point of view to turn it down- question is could Ron bring himself to put £1.1m in the bank and spend the rest on the footballing side (not just desire but also from a risk point of view given finances). £500k would sort out a very good replacement goalkeeper, someone like Rueben Reid and the extra wages??

The big issue is timing- if we are not given time to make alternative arrangements there comes a time when we say no- even to £1.6m

Let's see- but I think at £1.6m with the majority up front we would be reaching a point where it would be difficult from a footballing point of view to turn it down- question is could Ron bring himself to put £1.1m in the bank and spend the rest on the footballing side (not just desire but also from a risk point of view given finances). £500k would sort out a very good replacement goalkeeper, someone like Rueben Reid and the extra wages??

The big issue is timing- if we are not given time to make alternative arrangements there comes a time when we say no- even to £1.6m

Haha, funny man.

A total of less than £50k would be spent on the team.

Haha, funny man.

A total of less than £50k would be spent on the team.

Well you could be right- but to be fair (and I know in a way this is strictly verboten) thus far we have shown a bit in ambition in terms of bringing in quality- Pigott involves a fee, Noel Hunt will not be cheap, I doubt Wordsworth and Mooney are on peanuts (and that is without any monies from Dan).

So we will see

From a purely financial perspective it makes far more sense NOT to sell Bentley IMO, assuming we can get him to sign a new contract . We all assume that he will continue to improve, and playing in league one will give him more exposure. I can see him being worth a lot more than he is today in 12 months time plus of course we will have had the luxury of having him for another year. Of course it is all dependent on him signing a new contract

Absolutely must sell if this offer comes in. He won't sign a new deal - that is not in his interest. With a year left on his contract, £1.6million is massive for a club like ours depending on how the deal is broken down.

Also, surely he can't be on £6,000 a week here! That is a sure-fire route to bankruptcy right there if we're paying players wages like that.

SELL Bentley for an upfront £1 mio ( i dont believe these rumours it would be any more )
BUY Matt Duke ,Excellent experienced keeper without a club,,,, would give Ted another year to progress

SIGN 2 strikers , one with blistering pace the other a big targetman
DONT SIGN anymore midfielders or wingers , we ve already got too many

SIGN 1 full back to cover for White/Coker

DONT PLAY 4-5-1 !!!!

SELL Bentley for an upfront £1 mio ( i dont believe these rumours it would be any more )
BUY Matt Duke ,Excellent experienced keeper without a club,,,, would give Ted another year to progress

SIGN 2 strikers , one with blistering pace the other a big targetman
DONT SIGN anymore midfielders or wingers , we ve already got too many

SIGN 1 full back to cover for White/Coker

DONT PLAY 4-5-1 !!!!

...and that, Shrimpers, is how simple it all is!

QPR just got £10m from Liverpool from the Raheem Sterling sale so they should have a big chunk of cash. If we can get £1.5m - at least half up front, and 20% sell-on then I think that's a great deal for all three parties.

...and that, Shrimpers, is how simple it all is!

Jesus. Of course. I never realised that was all there is to management. How have we not cracked this before?

You just walk into Keepers 'r' us, yell "GIVE ME YOUR FINEST MATT DUKE, PLEASE SIR!" and walk out with one under your arm. Pop along to Argos and use their handy forward filters to select one with a pace setting of at least 18 and another over 6'4 with jumping and heading of at least 16, wait patiently in line for them to be brought to the front, and then see if there's a spare cover full-back in the bargain bin.

They should think about teaching this on the pro licence.

Oh, and there's not a ****ing chance in hell Bentley's on £6k a week. That report's from a regional paper who'd have no reason at all to be privy to Bentley's contract details. They've plucked that figure from their arse.

Jesus. Of course. I never realised that was all there is to management. How have we not cracked this before?

You just walk into Keepers 'r' us, yell "GIVE ME YOUR FINEST MATT DUKE, PLEASE SIR!" and walk out with one under your arm. Pop along to Argos and use their handy forward filters to select one with a pace setting of at least 18 and another over 6'4 with jumping and heading of at least 16, wait patiently in line for them to be brought to the front, and then see if there's a spare cover full-back in the bargain bin.

All that and nectar points as well.

Oh, and there's not a ****ing chance in hell Bentley's on £6k a week. That report's from a regional paper who'd have no reason at all to be privy to Bentley's contract details. They've plucked that figure from their arse.

Very funny, but we all know that's not how it's done.

You have to select the attributes you want (age, pace, hunger etc.) and then select a value between 1 and 20 (we should aim for about 13 or 14 minimum). You click search and then it pops up with a list. You then just click 'approach to sign', make a contract offer and you hear back within a few days.

do you still get the 16 day money back guarantee on the strikers is they do do not score in their first couple of games?

Well James Chester deal has now been confirmed so who is to say that Hull won't come back with a better offer?

The big question is/would be, where will the money go?

Exactly what I'm thinking. For me if a 1.6 million bid did come in and it included a good sell on clause then it would be hard to say no BUT would Brown get any of that? Hopefully he would but I don't think that will happen so then for us, we've lost a brilliant keeper and I'm sure we would get in a decent replacement but the rest of the money will go god knows where and we havn't really benefitted from his sale. Well the squad wouldn't benefit anyway so from a footballing view it would be a bit rubbish for us as fans.

Back