• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would be gutted if Cokes left, I rate him very highly. I think he will cope with league 1 and I do actually think he would do well in the championship too.

Ipswich were showing some interest in him when he played for us, he was pretty well known in local Suffolk circles because he had played for Bury town during 2008-2010 under the management of our old player Richard Wilkins who recommended him to us. He started off well and then faded badly getting slaughtered by the faster wingers in league one, he was loaned to Histon and then had his contract cancelled via a mutual agreement.

Ipswich were showing some interest in him when he played for us, he was pretty well known in local Suffolk circles because he had played for Bury town during 2008-2010 under the management of our old player Richard Wilkins who recommended him to us. He started off well and then faded badly getting slaughtered by the faster wingers in league one, he was loaned to Histon and then had his contract cancelled via a mutual agreement.

Interesting that one because he's been great since he's been with us and one of the best left backs we've had for a long time. I guess players have a dip in form so maybe that's credit to the management staff for getting is confidence back and playing well again.

Ipswich have sold 2 very good left backs over the last year or so (Aaron Creswell and Mings) so it is an area they could be light in. We clearly also have a good relationship with Ipswich given our recent transfer dealings wih Wordsworth and Hunt

As much as I like Ben Coker it is difficult to imagine him starting regulalry in the Championship and replacing the likes of Cresswell and Mings. If he goes to Ipswich I suspect he would be more of a squad player.

Williams has just signed for Burton , can't see Coker leaving , certainly hope not.

Really surprised by this as the Coker we know is purely quality. Full of skill and very composed, also offers a real attacking threat.

I like Coker and think he is one of our better outfield players, but think we are about his level. He is very left footed and think he would be found out a bit in the championship.

Players are only as good as their last full season. Ipswich have probably been following him on and off last season and his performances after his return from injury and the way that he recovered from it probably make them think he is worth a look. Making the FL2 team of the season as first choice left back just adds to the gloss. Coker will definitely perform well in FL1, and with the right mentoring he could do it in the Championship. I want him to do all that for us and I think whatever happens, he will be with us this season.

Think he will hold his own in league one but not so sure if he is cut out for championship football tho:blush:

Interesting that one because he's been great since he's been with us and one of the best left backs we've had for a long time. I guess players have a dip in form so maybe that's credit to the management staff for getting is confidence back and playing well again.
Certainly, he had some horrific times in his last few games for us then he got dropped and never recovered.

Really surprised by this as the Coker we know is purely quality. Full of skill and very composed, also offers a real attacking threat.

Looked like that with us to start with but a few bad performances and he was dropped and back to non league football, I hope he manages to cope with league one wingers this time, he has more league experience now which will help him.

Looked like that with us to start with but a few bad performances and he was dropped and back to non league football, I hope he manages to cope with league one wingers this time, he has more league experience now which will help him.

You can judge for yourself when we play you. Probably our contingent of reformed, re-educated ex-Col Ewe will be looking to accumulate 6 points from your good selves. It's going to be good playing you lot again, I've really missed the jazz of it.

He is one of the best players in our team. Great in the air and on the deck and really good at both ends. Been cracking for us

Not sure how i paste it on here but i posted on SZ that i had been told by one of Cokers close friends back in Jan 2014 that Ipswich had been in contact , im surprised its taken this long for a team to come in for him as for me he's one of our most consistent performers and is comfortable and intelligent on the ball .

Back