• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't care if it's by one point or ten, hell it can even be goal difference, but as long as we're 20th or higher come May, I'm happy.

For me.... I just want to see us get to 53 points as quick as possible (as far as im aware, no team has got relegated in league one in modern times with 53 points on the board... also Col Scum got 52 points last season.. so defo want to at very least beat that points tally).
Anything above 53 points is a bonus in my personal opinion, as it should in theory secure another season in Division one, to build on that.

As for teams I would us to beat, Bit obvious....Just like others have posted, I want to see wins both at home and away to Col Utd, (THATS OBVIOUS)..Gillingham, also & Millwall (as these are my defo planned home and away games).
On a similar note, what teams would you most like us to beat from the other clubs that went up with us?
1.Burton ?
2.Shrewsbury ?
3.Bury ?

As for cup games, im personally not really that bothered about the FA cup or league cup, unless we can get a good club for attendance / atmosphere reasons or it get's shown on tv, for the additional revenue to the club (or Ron's hair products). However I would relish another good run in the JPT... well that's alll being honest..who does'nt enjoy a good day out at wembley??......(well recently anyway!!) :thumbsup:

UTB :happy:

c ball.jpg Crystal Ball gazing, I love it! IF we get off to a solid start, and IF we don't get a shed full of injuries, and IF we have a settled Goalie (love that word, reminds me of school days) situation, then I fancy us for an affair with the Play-offs. How successful the affair is depends on whether we can score enough goals this season, I think goals will be very precious.

I want, and expect, a decent cup run in one of the competitions, preferably the Paint Pot, as I could see us winning it if our class up front can last the pace.

It would not surprise me if we go head to head with Bury again and rivalries will be resumed, a bit like Swansea seasons back, especially with the ex-Southend interest up there. Obviously I want 6 points off the cousins, but more importantly I want to see exciting derby games with both sets of fans (our 7500 and their 1250, resuming the rivalry and banter that has been so sorely missing.

I personally also hope we get a few more guest posters from other clubs on here this season. Providing they aren't nob heads, it makes the pre match chats a lot more interesting.

being a pessimist, Im worried about the start of the season. Underwhelmed to be honest. I hope Hunt proves me wrong, but havnt we been here before, ie 'Bomber'?

Hope I am proved massively wrong but we ain't got a cats chance in hell of flirting with the play offs, the gap between league 1 and 2 is growing just as much as the gaps between the other divisions.

I will be happy with staying up!

Back