• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't make up my mind if that is a good thing (we are in the 2nd round - no injuries or silly red cards) or a bad thing (chance for other players to get match time and some extra revenue albeit small).

I'll slightly edge towards saying that is a shame but there it is.

I think it is a good thing. First of all we're in to the next round without doing anything and secondly its one less game where the only aim this season is staying in league 1.

I think it is a good thing. First of all we're in to the next round without doing anything and secondly its one less game where the only aim this season is staying in league 1.

Ah yes - staying in the league .......... so it could be argued that an extra game to get players match fit and try new player combinations is just what is required.

Hash tag: Justanalternativepointofviewtoconsider

Why is that the case? You do realise that the last two times we have been promoted to League 1 or its equivalent we have also been promoted again?

It is a good thing, means we made it through more cup rounds than last season already!

Well done Phil :happy:

Can only be a good thing surely? Probably only about the 2nd or 3rd time we have had a bye in this competition, and being a League one side, this has got to be a good chance of a good cup run.

Some of the best moments in the last 20 years have been in the LDV/JPT

Southern Section - East: Cambridge United, Colchester United, Crawley Town (bye awarded), Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham (bye awarded), Leyton Orient, Luton Town, Millwall, Northampton Town, Peterborough United, Southend United (bye awarded), Stevenage (bye awarded)

Not a very strong section.....we could go far....

It's a bad thing. Loss of crowd revenue for the club and one less match for our resident whingers to moan about (hang on, that's a good thing).

Southern Section - East: Cambridge United, Colchester United, Crawley Town (bye awarded), Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham (bye awarded), Leyton Orient, Luton Town, Millwall, Northampton Town, Peterborough United, Southend United (bye awarded), Stevenage (bye awarded)

Who did you expect to be in it? Real Madrid & Melchester Rovers?

Who did you expect to be in it? Real Madrid & Melchester Rovers?

Yes, obviously that's what I thought.

My point was more that (for me) there is no stand out side in the Southern section. MK Dons and Bristol City going up last season the main cause for this.

Of the 12 there are 7 in league 2 and of the 5 league 1 clubs there us no stand out side (us included)

Peterborough? I'd put them well above the rest of the clubs in that draw.

Can only be a good thing surely? Probably only about the 2nd or 3rd time we have had a bye in this competition, and being a League one side, this has got to be a good chance of a good cup run.

Some of the best moments in the last 20 years have been in the LDV/JPT

and some of the worst!!!.................................................................... Blackpool, Wrexham, Crewe???:smile:

and some of the worst!!!.................................................................... Blackpool, Wrexham, Crewe???:smile:
For me, they were some of the best, even though we lost 2-0. To see us at a major showpiece venue for a national cup final was awesome, ireesepective of the result.

Would be nice to win the bloody thing , or at least score a goal

After the JPT first round results last night these are the teams left in our section -
Crawley Town, Dagenham & Redbridge, Gillingham, Luton Town, Millwall, Northampton Town, Stevenage

I expect the draw will be this Saturday?

I wouldn't mind going back to Wembley again next year.....................................but NOT for this tin-pot trophy! :winking: No interest at all, although I wouldn't mind a little run in the FA Cup

Back