• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Said it before about this kid but he needs to give himself a shake and really decide now if football is even for him.

Was so hellbent on getting a place at Charlton and since being released each move has been lower down the ladder. Give it a few years and I bet you don't hear of him.

Which is a real shame because at times when he was with us he looked like he could be a real class act.

Like Freddy Eastwood he needs to find his Grays to rediscover the joy of football.

He was a boyhood Charlton fan and I actually find it admirable that playing for another club just doesn't motivate him (his first loan spell with us he was playing to win a place in the Charlton first team). It's just a shame we couldn't have become his club, especially after that goal:pig::pig::pig::pig:

You can't rediscover what you never had. Pigott doesn't have the motivation or personnel pride to be a professional. He came on as sub for us one time and I watched him miss control or lose the ball the first 7 times it was played into him. Seven times in a row and all we got was the body language of a 'Kevin'.

When you remember that for a guy his size he use to go up for headers with his 'tortoise head' then you can see why Players, managers and fans alike don't take to young Joe. Some things can't be coached and the most important thing for any job, let alone sport, is desire. Sadly for Joe he doesn't posses any.

Last edited:
You can't rediscover what you never had. Pigott doesn't have the motivation or personnel pride to be a professional. He came on as sub for us one time and I watched him miss control or lose the ball the first 7 times it was played into him. Seven times in a row and all we got was the body language of a 'Kevin'.

When you remember that for a guy his size he use to go up for headers with his 'tortoise head' then you can see why Players, managers and fans alike don't take to young Joe. Some things can't be coached and the most important thing for any job, let alone sport, is desire. Sadly for Joe he doesn't posses any.

Yet Brown took him on loan twice.

Wow!

You can slag him off all you like but Charlton actually thought he was a good prospect and hoped he would develop further with us. And no-one can ever take away that 122nd minute goal at Wembley two years ago.

You can slag him off all you like but Charlton actually thought he was a good prospect and hoped he would develop further with us. And no-one can ever take away that 122nd minute goal at Wembley two years ago.

If that refers to me I wasn't slagging Joe off.

Great goal at Oxford and good one at Portsmouth when he first arrived but struggled for whatever reason to push on.

Having scored THAT goal he will always have my gratitude.

If that refers to me I wasn't slagging Joe off.

Great goal at Oxford and good one at Portsmouth when he first arrived but struggled for whatever reason to push on.

Having scored THAT goal he will always have my gratitude.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, there's plenty of people having a pop.

Jihadi John could have rattled that one in at Wembley and I'd still have celebrated it, doesn't mean I have to like him.

Pigott was, and still is, ****

I don't see why he's exempt from criticism for one goal. Jake Cassidy was by far the better all round player

At least he and Zavon Hines know where the old onion bag is and will have an interest in the 2nd round draw:thumbsup:

Back