• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CRISIS in FRANCE regards migrants

that kind of thing is a fairly regular occurrence but it's not well covered in mainstream media so awareness of it comes down to who you follow on social media - we all live in our own bubbles and only get one side of a story.

I said I stand corrected and I do but please don't make assumptions as to where I get my information from. I'm just as capable as you at finding left wing clap trap as well as right wing rubbish.
Now, can we please go back to disliking one another.

There are two things at play here. The easy one first.

ISIS claim responsibility for everything. Anytime a nutter rams people with a lorry, cuts someone's throat or blows themselves up they claim it is one of their "soldiers". This is only to keep them in the public and ensure they stay in the news. So just because ISIS says they are behind something, its not necessarily so. There is, in fact, a very good argument why the press shouldn't call any attack "terrorist" nor attribute something to "ISIS". It might just stop people thinking its a good idea to blow themselves up and innocent people with them. Just call them what they really are... "fu*kwits" or however that translates into mediaspeak.

As for terrorists not being white. It is very easy (and somewhat lazy) to shout terrorist when a non-white acts like a fu*kwit. Yet when we see white killers, and lets take Anders Breivik as an example, he wasn't called a terrorist at the time. He was a lone wolf. Or simply a Nazi (which he was). Its only recently he is correctly attributed a terrorist. Dylan Roof, not a terrorist, apparently, despite his murders being racially motivated. No he is a "mass murderer" or "white supremacist".

Yes, its only words, but words are powerful. You don't see hoards of people marching down streets demanding whites take responsibility for the actions of other whites or entire swathes of white culture being demonised by the press.

Food for thought?

Interestingly,we were taking part in an official walking tour of Oslo this summer, where the Norwegian guide referred to Anders Brevick,whose name he refused to use, as "one of us," when showing us the exact place where the bomb attack in the city took place.

There are two things at play here. The easy one first.

ISIS claim responsibility for everything. Anytime a nutter rams people with a lorry, cuts someone's throat or blows themselves up they claim it is one of their "soldiers". This is only to keep them in the public and ensure they stay in the news. So just because ISIS says they are behind something, its not necessarily so. There is, in fact, a very good argument why the press shouldn't call any attack "terrorist" nor attribute something to "ISIS". It might just stop people thinking its a good idea to blow themselves up and innocent people with them. Just call them what they really are... "fu*kwits" or however that translates into mediaspeak.

As for terrorists not being white. It is very easy (and somewhat lazy) to shout terrorist when a non-white acts like a fu*kwit. Yet when we see white killers, and lets take Anders Breivik as an example, he wasn't called a terrorist at the time. He was a lone wolf. Or simply a Nazi (which he was). Its only recently he is correctly attributed a terrorist. Dylan Roof, not a terrorist, apparently, despite his murders being racially motivated. No he is a "mass murderer" or "white supremacist".

Yes, its only words, but words are powerful. You don't see hoards of people marching down streets demanding whites take responsibility for the actions of other whites or entire swathes of white culture being demonised by the press.

Food for thought?

I look forward to the day when Fiona Bruce reads that out on the 6 o'clock news.

RIP

Mr Arnauld Beltrame.

A policeman swapping he's own life for an innocent female victim. My kind of old school copper!!

Yet another ISIS Killer in Europe yet again?...Remind us why we voted to have closed borders?

How many injured & killed? I actually don't know the true figure.

I'm hearing it was 4 dead and 16 injured?

Last edited:
Early reports coming in on the news say that there has been a knife attack in the Opera district of central Paris, with two dead and 5 seriously injured. The attacker was shot dead by the police, after they failed to stop him by using a taser.

Edit: According to the news, Isis have claimed the attack, with the knifeman screaming the usual "Alluhar Akbar" chant before going on the rampage.

Personally, I'm glad were an island & not connected to the mainland.

Last edited:
Early reports coming in on the news say that there has been a knife attack in the Opera district of central Paris, with two dead and 5 seriously injured. The attacker was shot dead by the police, after they failed to stop him by using a taser.

Edit: According to the news, Isis have claimed the attack, with the knifeman screaming the usual "Alluhar Akbar" chant before going on the rampage.

Personally, I'm glad were an island & not connected to the mainland.

being a island has not stopped attacks here has it?

No not entirely, but it's a hell of lot less... Thank God.

This is France's 22nd terrorist attack in less then 2 and a half years!!

To put it into context, We've only had about 3 Islamic attacks in that same amount of time...London Bridge, Westminster & the Manchester Arena.

In hindsight, I like to think being an island has reduced it in terms of attacks on the mainland (ie France and Germany etc).

Look at the huge amount of arms that got stopped at the Dover crossing for example this week. God knows who's hands that would have ended up in, if we had an open border, I say im grateful were an island, because it's way too easy to cross borders without checks by car on mainland europe.

No not entirely, but it's a hell of lot less... Thank God.

This is France's 22nd terrorist attack in less then 2 and a half years!!

To put it into context, We've only had about 3 Islamic attacks in that same amount of time...London Bridge, Westminster & the Manchester Arena.

In hindsight, I like to think being an island has reduced it in terms of attacks on the mainland (ie France and Germany etc).

Look at the huge amount of arms that got stopped at the Dover crossing for example this week. God knows who's hands that would have ended up in, if we had an open border, I say im grateful were an island, because it's way too easy to cross borders without checks by car on mainland europe.

I can't deny that France does seem along with Belgium to be baring the brunt of attacks - the attacks in Paris along with that awful truck attack spring to mind.

What is undeniablly true, is that both France's model of monoculturalism and the UK's own model of multilculturalism have both failed as far as the integration of their Muslim citizens is concerned.

What is undeniablly true, is that both France's model of monoculturalism and the UK's own model of multilculturalism have both failed as far as the integration of their Muslim citizens is concerned.

Has it really? That's a very Daily Mail outlook on the UK which, on the whole, is utter bollocks.

I can't deny that France does seem along with Belgium to be baring the brunt of attacks - the attacks in Paris along with that awful truck attack spring to mind.

Up until recently Belgium had escaped any attacks by turning a blind eye to any terrorists living in their country. As per usual the good people of Belgium expected everyone else to do their dirty work free for them. They didn't even bother with intelligence as the terrorists would pop into France to commit their crimes.....Didn't end to well for them. It also proves its an utter myth that we need the EU for police/intelligence reasons.

Any plans to move to Luton?

No, you? The transport links between MK & Luton are not great and it's too far to cycle.

If you're making some "vague" reference to the fact that Luton has a Muslim population you'll be pleased to know that the area I live in MK has plenty of brown faces. Some of their kids go to school with my daugher, and heaven forbid, she's friends with some of them. She celebrates Eid and they dressed up as Angels for the Christmas play.

Why do you think that is?

That is of course the 64,000 dollar question.My own answer would be to look at events in the ME since the Iraq war.

Has it really? That's a very Daily Mail outlook on the UK which, on the whole, is utter bollocks.

Failure is of course a relative term here.Sorry Paul but I don't have any truck with the Daily Fail or its readership.

That is of course the 64,000 dollar question.My own answer would be to look at events in the ME since the Iraq war.

Failure is of course a relative term here.Sorry Paul but I don't have any truck with the Daily Fail or its readership.

I could ask which one. Then again problems with our continual war in the region go back for 200 years. We weren't exactly all getting along fine in with our neighbours in Europw until 2005

No, you? The transport links between MK & Luton are not great and it's too far to cycle.

If you're making some "vague" reference to the fact that Luton has a Muslim population you'll be pleased to know that the area I live in MK has plenty of brown faces. Some of their kids go to school with my daugher, and heaven forbid, she's friends with some of them. She celebrates Eid and they dressed up as Angels for the Christmas play.

Hope you don't use that term to often in front of the kids.

You may be surprised that in many places integration has worked. Would you send your daughter to sharia law school? Do you agree that shops should have separate opening hours for your wife and daughter? So they can't shop if any men are present.

Hope you don't use that term to often in front of the kids.

All the time, playing Guess Who. She has a half Sikh brother, a newborn half British Black cousin both of whom she adores not to mention the kids at school that she happily plays with so she, and I, and the extended family have no problem with the term.

You may be surprised that in many places integration has worked. Would you send your daughter to sharia law school? Do you agree that shops should have separate opening hours for your wife and daughter? So they can't shop if any men are present.

Post evidence of these places please.

Back