• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Francis

Wow Simon Francis has just signed a new 3 year contract at Bournemouth, goodluck to him:thumbsup:

Done incredibly well for himself. Think its well and truly safe to conclude the doubters were wrong about him now.

Shame he left because of the great Ron.

Interesting write up on Francis' season from a Bournemouth perspective http://tbrfootball.com/is-this-cherries-defender-the-reason-for-their-stability-at-the-back/

Glad to see he's added this to his game

Francis is seldom caught out of position and reads the game intelligently.

Was always such a phenomenally talented player who seemed to coast by on that natural ability that there was a real danger he'd fail to make the most of that talent. He seemed to turn a corner by his final season with us and if that quote is true call him up!

Out of his depth today also:Hilarious:hope the injury isn’t to bad either, wish him a quick recovery.

That's horrible - just keep hearing about this type of injury at the moment (not just at Blues).

Not convinced by the terrible footwear that is on offer these days. Nothing beats a classic leather boot!

Not convinced by the terrible footwear that is on offer these days. Nothing beats a classic leather boot!

It could be the footwear as a lot of the injuries (like Ben Coker) are not as a result of a tackle or any contact. Years ago I am sure that there weren't as many long terms injuries as there are these days, apart from breaks/fractures - I suppose that was due to the more robust tackles that were permitted.

I’ve said this for a long time now that I think a lot of these modern boots and especially the sole units are very damaging. How many times did Flavs, Barrett, Gower or Maher tear their ACL?

They wore proper boots

I’ve said this for a long time now that I think a lot of these modern boots and especially the sole units are very damaging. How many times did Flavs, Barrett, Gower or Maher tear their ACL?

They wore proper boots

Copa Mundials, only boots you’ll ever catch me wearing and I’ve never had an injury.

Back