• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timlin ready to help turn it around

Evening Echo

The News
MICHAEL Timlin wants to help Southend United right their weekend’s wrongs when they head to Doncaster Rovers tonight.

More...

If he starts Deegan tonight ahead of Timlin I will lose all faith in Brown.

If he starts Deegan tonight ahead of Timlin I will lose all faith in Brown.
wordsworth is a doubt tonight so hopefully timlin will fit straight in, I think deegan may even be dropped for this game boosting timlins chances:smile:

even though Timlin admit he wasn't ready?

Yes he was clearly off the pace against Brighton, so I wasn't surprised to see Deegan starting against Walsall.

Deegan has been made scapegoat for Saturdays performance when others, Wordsworth Pigott and Mooney were way below their best (I hope).

Yes he was clearly off the pace against Brighton, so I wasn't surprised to see Deegan starting against Walsall.

Deegan has been made scapegoat for Saturdays performance when others, Wordsworth Pigott and Mooney were way below their best (I hope).
thought white was pretty poor Saturday also, I've got a feeling white just might get found out in league one this season, hope I'm wrong but we gave him a two year contract also:omg:

thought white was pretty poor Saturday also, I've got a feeling white just might get found out in league one this season, hope I'm wrong but we gave him a two year contract also:omg:

Problem with Saturday was he was up against a very good player in their no.14, plus he had no one in front of him to support him.

If Timlin wasn't ready to help, I'd be worried. Why Deegan is picked instead of Timlin is beyond me. I'm sorry but I think Deegan is not good enough for League 1. I think Brown is getting it all wrong. My confidence in our manager is very low. I can't believe that he still doesn't know his best line up and formation.

If Timlin wasn't ready to help, I'd be worried. Why Deegan is picked instead of Timlin is beyond me. I'm sorry but I think Deegan is not good enough for League 1. I think Brown is getting it all wrong. My confidence in our manager is very low. I can't believe that he still doesn't know his best line up and formation.

I couldn't understand the Timlin thing either until reading the article. Timlin says in it he was below par pre-season.

Why is it wrong to not play a player who has publicly admitted he wasn't up to the right levels?

Deegan offers something different to the rest of the midfield, in normal circumstances I wouldnt play him ahead of Timlin but at least understand it now after reading that.

Last edited:
Did he say that? I thought he simply said that he wasn't going for it 100% (Timlin style) in pre-season out of fear of getting injured and ruining the first full pre-season he'd had in years? And that he understands why he was benched from the start of the season for those reasons. Now the season is underway he is 'back to normal' and willing to give 100% for the cause as usual. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion.

Did he say that? I thought he simply said that he wasn't going for it 100% (Timlin style) in pre-season out of fear of getting injured and ruining the first full pre-season he'd had in years? And that he understands why he was benched from the start of the season for those reasons. Now the season is underway he is 'back to normal' and willing to give 100% for the cause as usual. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion.

If any player isn't giving 100% (which he freely admits) they cant complain when they dont start (and fair play he hasnt complained)

He might be back to normal and maybe he will get the chance to show it tonight.

Certainly explains his absence so far though.

I really don't understand the negative comments about our club captain. We were poor on Saturday but John white made some excellent defensive clearances. The main Job of a defender is to defend and he rarely lets us down even when his had to move to emergency CB.

As jam man has said he was up against a very tricky player. Remember the only time White looked totally beaten for pace in the first half, he got back and blocked the cross. Number 14 was subbed in the second half.

By the way I would think of all positions the ability of a right back is the one our manger knows a thing or two about

Yeah I guess it does. Hopefully he'll play tonight and be the Timlin (warrior / trooper / hardnut) we know and love.

If any player isn't giving 100% (which he freely admits) they cant complain when they dont start (and fair play he hasnt complained)

He might be back to normal and maybe he will get the chance to show it tonight.

Certainly explains his absence so far though.

Of course I'm a fan of Timlin (what shrimper including PB wouldn't) Lets hope being dropped has the same effect on him as it did Barrett and Bolger last season. With a tough season ahead we need everyone at 100% favourites or not.

Lets hope he gets MOM tonight and watch the zone insist he should have started Saturday, whilst you could say good man management.

I couldn't understand the Timlin thing either until reading the article. Timlin says in it he was below par pre-season.

Why is it wrong to not play a player who has publicly admitted he wasn't up to the right levels?

Deegan offers something different to the rest of the midfield, in normal circumstances I wouldnt play him ahead of Timlin but at least understand it now after reading that.

I'm sorry but even if Timlin wasn't 100%, Deegan still shouldn't have been ahead of Atkinson or Worral

Back