• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

[video=youtube;u8qZf0WDS_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qZf0WDS_8[/video]

So pretty much the highlights were nearly all of us attacking even though away from home.

Bloody defensive tactics.

That "lob" from Pigott. Ouch.

Those highlights look as though we completely dominated. Great saves from their keeper to stop Timlin and Worrall scoring.

Was the game that one sided. I thing i only saw 2 attempts by Doncaster. Pretty decent chances from us, just got to take them.

Was the game that one sided. I thing i only saw 2 attempts by Doncaster. Pretty decent chances from us, just got to take them.

Those were the main highlights, but that's just 2 minutes from 90. Doncaster had a period where they were on top of us, and the first half was quite cagey, but we were the better team for most of the game and had the better chances.

I felt it was a good point earned, and my friend felt it was 2 points dropped. Came away happy with the performance and slightly disappointed by the result.

Those highlights look as though we completely dominated. Great saves from their keeper to stop Timlin and Worrall scoring.

That finishing was so weak! The Piggot lob was dreadful! Got to take the chances when we are given as much space and time on the ball as appears to have been the case last night.

From the commentary we started the game much better, the later part of the first half Doncaster came into it and cancelled us out.

Second half we were the better team and grew stronger as it went on.

Bloody hell we should have pasted them!

There was a big chunk of the first half we didnt do anything, but they never seemed to threaten us until had a decent chance or two towards the end when the game opened up.

Just shows that just because we didn't score doesn't mean we were just defending.

Well it shows we can more than match 'decent' League One teams and with some better quality finishing we would have won. The Timlin and Worrall efforts were half chances I'd say, Timlin took his well first time and the angle and the goalkeepers positioning was against Worrall. Pigotts was the easiest chance with the keeper way off his line, that was the chance for me that SHOULD have been taken. Oh well, 2 points from 3 games not disastrous, onto Swindon. U T B

I still think the :pig: could get a few this season, maybe its a case of getting of the mark anyway staying positive and looking forward to saturday..... shooting practice today and tomorrow please PB

I've just watched the 11 minutes highlights on Blues Player -- it looked like a cracking game & we really created a lot of decent chances. Although you could see Donny gave our defenders a few problems they didnt have more than 1 good chance so credit our back line for keeping them out. Things that stood out for me was that Lenny,Timlin & Atkinson were everywhere and totally dominated midfield. Worrall looked very dangerous as did Weston later on. Hurst was quiet and made some poor decisions on the ball , Mooney actually did ok and showed some classy touches ( +trust me im not his biggest fan ) ... over all an excellent performance , just need to improve our shooting!!!!! UTB

Pigs chance was good and maybe should of done a bit better, Worral was always a threat and a bit unlucky.

'All Southend' with half-chances. Couple of decent saves and a few shots off target. Weird how some people see it as 'all over them', I just see it as a load of pot shots from range.

'All Southend' with half-chances. Couple of decent saves and a few shots off target. Weird how some people see it as 'all over them', I just see it as a load of pot shots from range.

The fact the highlights feature us far more than the home team says we were doing something right.

What we need to improve on is that quality end product.

Truth is somewhere between the two. We weren't 'all over them' except for maybe the last 15 minutes. And even then Doncaster had a couple of half-decent breaks.

We were the better team with better possession, territory and chances. However there were only one or two clear chances created by us.

Truth is somewhere between the two. We weren't 'all over them' except for maybe the last 15 minutes. And even then Doncaster had a couple of half-decent breaks.

We were the better team with better possession, territory and chances. However there were only one or two clear chances created by us.

Yep thats how the commentarty had it, started well, then it fizzled out towards end of the first half. Then second half we got stronger as it went on.

From what Ive heard we were a more attacking threat against Brighton, but for an away game it sounds like we gave a good account.

Back