• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i wouldn't say he was that good... On the ball he looked very very shaky, good shot stopper but not much above anyone else at this level
Look out for him and see him get his move to a bigger club very soon then:smile:

Swindon keeper looked very good and confident to me, will go on to play for a bigger club for sure, best keeper I've seen at league one level for a while.

:stunned: Are you having a giraffe? He made a couple of good stops but looked panicky on the rare occasions we put in a decent cross and his kicking was very inconsistent. Also he wanted to go off with a minor injury (going down like he'd broken his leg when he'd slightly hurt his wrist), can you imagine Bentley doing that?

No idea what game you were watching but the middle of the park was like the parting of the red sea at times, especially for their goal. First half was more apparent as they were playing towards the South Stand and the middle of the park was just empty at times, the number 10 must have been very happy

I agree with you about the number 10, he did look very impressive. However to suggest we could have easily lost 3 or 4 nil is utter balls, they only had 2 shots on target and our defence was for the most part very good, it was at the other end of the pitch that the problem lies.

:stunned: Are you having a giraffe? He made a couple of good stops but looked panicky on the rare occasions we put in a decent cross and his kicking was very inconsistent. Also he wanted to go off with a minor injury (going down like he'd broken his leg when he'd slightly hurt his wrist), can you imagine Bentley doing that?
Agree with the first part he wasn't very good but as for the injury all he did was sit down to get the refs attention so he could get his wrist strapped, he had already signalled to the bench to bandage his wrist.

Looked to me like he was signalling that he needed to be subbed, however I could have misinterpreted this. He still wasn't very good though!

How many goals did he concede yesterday?

:raspberry: More to do with our inept finishing than his ability, though I admit he made a couple of good stops. Bentley is a far better keeper that that guy though and I'd be willing to bet that he'll have a far more successful career.

Oh yeah silly me, I forgot we are never going to score another goal ever again.

Thats a stupid comment. Of course we will score, but under Brown we don't score many, which in this league will make a huge difference. Our goal return last year for a team promoted was poor, in this league as proved yesterday failure to score will mean we get punished far greater than in league 2. I'd rather we played crap and won 2-0 than play well and lose 1-0.

Just very very unlucky today think our season will depend Hunts fitness and partner up front,at times his neat flick ons we're just not read by the players around him.

Out of interest was it that they weren't reading them (ie they were making the wrong runs) or that there were no/insufficient number of team mates around him?

I half enjoyed my first game of the season, there was a lot of effort in the first half to keep Swindon at bay. The step up to league 1 class was easily apparent as Swindon moved the ball around with ease, most of their midfielders were able to shift the ball quickly to make space. We however limited them to very few chances which was good to see.

Second half we came out with confidence that we could compete with them, this however left is more open at times. I think it was Hunts poor miss just previous to their goal, not sure if Payne had already missed his chance at this point too. This is what happens at this level though, Swindon only really had the one clear chance and they took it.

Can't really fault the selection and effort.

Bentley - 6.5 - Made a couple of good stops but I can't recall him having much else to do.

White - 6.5 - Fairly solid performance, supported the attacks. Got beaten a couple of times.
Prosser - 7.5 - I still think he is getting better, his passing was decent and rarely looked to go long. Good positioning and I hope he gets a run now.
Barrett - 7 - Had a hard time marking Smith but he did a good job on him.
Coker - 7 - Had a good game, went for glory a few times at the end when it probably wasn't the right option!

Atkinson - 6.5 - Good in the first two thirds but we needed more going forward.
Timlin - 6.5 - Did't really get into this game, needed to impose himself more.
Leonard - 7 - I thought he had a good game, although others don't seem to agree.
Worrall - 7.5 - Great wing play on the right at one point, he is a classy player to have. Overhit some crosses though and was caught offside needlessly a few times when we could have had a good chance to break.

Payne - 7 - Should have scored, tried to linkup with Hunt but it didn't quite work out.

Hunt - 7 - Also should have scored. Good knock downs and won quite a lot of ball.

Piggott, Weston - 7 - Unlucky not to score.
Wordsworth - 6.5 - Did okay.

Overall hopefully the lads can keep giving that much effort in the home games and we will win a few. We will have to win one soon though or I feel the fans will start to turn.

Out of interest was it that they weren't reading them (ie they were making the wrong runs) or that there were no/insufficient number of team mates around him?

Did you miss this one YB? In my opinion (fwiw), I felt Payne was definitely not on the same wavelength most of the time, and Worrall similarly some of the time. Hunt has had good interchanges with Timlin, Leonard and White, all of whom have good footballing brains. I think Worrall is great but he doesn't always have the best vision. I am sure this will come in time, it's getting used to having a forward who is a lot more agile than Corr was.

Did you miss this one YB? In my opinion (fwiw), I felt Payne was definitely not on the same wavelength most of the time, and Worrall similarly some of the time. Hunt has had good interchanges with Timlin, Leonard and White, all of whom have good footballing brains. I think Worrall is great but he doesn't always have the best vision. I am sure this will come in time, it's getting used to having a forward who is a lot more agile than Corr was.

Payne is in then his out,likewise Worral and the entire forward line,they don't get the time to cement their place.

I wonder if the ploy is to give them all match time at the beginning of the season, so that they are match fit whenever they are called upon ? We may well benefit from this as the season progresses (especially over the Xmas period) and in the cups.

Can we also give Williams a game also then:unsure:

The fact that Williams has never featured, even when we've been short of goals, says it all about Williams for me.

If he was the messiah, he'd have saved us by now!

Back