• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown: We're good enough for League One

I think we're good enough , but think our lack of 'home' success so far is not solely down to our misfiring strikers , but to the area we are perceived by many to be strongest - midfield.
Most of Walsalls and Swindons success came from gaping holes in the middle of the pitch once we had lost possession.
Now I'm not pointing fingers at any individuals ( because I think the work ethic of our side is one of our strengths ) but it was clearly a weakness in both games , and one in which the opposition worked out very quickly.
Away , we set up well to frustrate and hit teams on the break , but at home , where the onus is on the home side to dictate , we are naive and exposed.
There is little the back four can do when without sufficient cover , other than to back off and hope they opposition mess up.
I also think our industrious midfield are quite similar in that they have a great work ethic but little guile to unlock teams when we are forcing the game.
Strikers need to score for sure , but the midfield need to be more creative for that to happen.
IMO.......

I agree with you, plus just watch how many times the midfield track back in space rather than with an opposition player. I was always taught to track back alongside an opponent and find space when the ball is won back.

I agree with you, plus just watch how many times the midfield track back in space rather than with an opposition player. I was always taught to track back alongside an opponent and find space when the ball is won back.

I'd say that's purely because PB operates a zonal marking system... Something I've never been a fan of. Much prefer when teams man mark

Back