• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

footytalk

Good afternoon all, I run my own all club site on which I do previews for games and invite opposition to add a preview. If one of you fancy a go I only require a couple of paragraphs reviewing the season so far and having a go at guessing what the team would be and obviously you prediction on the outcome of the game. The author and this site will be credited.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Good afternoon all, I run my own all club site on which I do previews for games and invite opposition to add a preview. If one of you fancy a go I only require a couple of paragraphs previewing the season so far and having a go at guessing what the team would be and obviously you prediction on the outcome of the game. The author and this site will be credited.

Thanks in advance

1. The season so far has been: ****
2. The team will be: negative
3. The outcome of the game will be: disappointing

That'll be £200 please.

Dear 'footytalk' , please disregard Yorkshire Blue and RobM as they are clearly trying to talk the mood up on here.
It will be much , much worse than they predict.

We have had two good draws in our away games, at Fleetwood and Doncaster respectively. We have had two home defeats. We played poorly against Walsall and could have lost by more than 0-2, but played well against Swindon and should have taken some of the four or five good chances we created but ended up losing 0-1 to Swindon's only solid chance of the match. So overall we've performed reasonably well but we can't score goals for the life of us at the moment. Maybe the signing of Stephen McLaughlin from Notts Forest will help us in this department, but we really need a goalscoring striker.....

Two paragraphs on the season so far ......... how hard can it be?

Paragraph 1

Started with a draw at Fleetwood with a team selection that baffled most supporters. This was after a close season with very little transfer activity as all the players we were interested in weren't interested in Southend United.

Paragraph 2

We have not scored since the opening game of the season but the standard of football has been improving along with the manager's team selection.

Likely team.

You are joking aren't you? No-one seems to know what team the manager is likely to put out from one match to the next except Daniel Bentley will be in goal (possibly).

Prediction of the score

0-0

Good afternoon all, I run my own all club site on which I do previews for games and invite opposition to add a preview. If one of you fancy a go I only require a couple of paragraphs previewing the season so far and having a go at guessing what the team would be and obviously you prediction on the outcome of the game. The author and this site will be credited.

Thanks in advance

Southend's issue so far this season has been scoring goals. In a sense, twas ever thus under the current management team, the difference being that you can bludgeon your way through in League 2. By the time of the game, Southend will hopefully have completed the signing of Stephen McLaughlin to add some natural width to the midfield. This might give the team the impetus to capitalise on Coventry's loss against Walsall last weekend.

Likely team is:

Bentley

White - Prosser - Barrett - Coker

Atkinson - Leonard - Wordsworth

Worrall - McLaughlin/Weston

Mooney

A lot will be dependent on how Coventry bounce back and whether Southend can start putting the ball in the back of the net. I'll plump for a 2-1 Coventry win.

1. The season so far has been: ****
2. The team will be: negative
3. The outcome of the game will be: disappointing

That'll be £200 please.

Of course, what you're missing is that you have done a review of the season so far, not a preview. Not sure how you can preview something that happened in the past, so I think I'll leave that one to Einstein.

Of course, what you're missing is that you have done a review of the season so far, not a preview. Not sure how you can preview something that happened in the past, so I think I'll leave that one to Einstein.

Thanks - edited

Will be a 1 - 10 formation.

As we only sign midfield players and the squad is overloaded with them it's the only way they can all get a game, even our defenders have played in midfield at some time or other and our strikers are expected to drop into midfield to help out too!

Prediction 2 - 0 Coventry win

im gonna go with a 4-2-3-1 formation as it worked well against Swindon,(result aside of course) and im predicting a 1-1 draw (although I fear I may be wrong).

Southend's issue so far this season has been scoring goals. In a sense, twas ever thus under the current management team, the difference being that you can bludgeon your way through in League 2. By the time of the game, Southend will hopefully have completed the signing of Stephen McLaughlin to add some natural width to the midfield. This might give the team the impetus to capitalise on Coventry's loss against Walsall last weekend.

Likely team is:

Bentley

White - Prosser - Barrett - Coker

Atkinson - Leonard - Wordsworth

Worrall - McLaughlin/Weston

Mooney

A lot will be dependent on how Coventry bounce back and whether Southend can start putting the ball in the back of the net. I'll plump for a 2-1 Coventry win.

No way. Atkinson should be nowhere near the team, and Timlin should be one of the first names on the team sheet. If we sign Mclaughlin, I would like to see
Bentley, White, Prosser, Barrett, Coker, Leonard, Timlin, Wordsworth, Worrall, Mclaughlin, Pigott/Hunt. Both Worrall and Mclaughlin are good on either wing, which is good as Brown likes to swap them often during a game.

Back