• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United boss Phil Brown hails signing of Stephen McLaughlin from Nottingham F

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown believes he now boasts one of the best groups of wingers in the division after completing the signing of Stephen McLaughlin from Nottingham Forest.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown believes he now boasts one of the best groups of wingers in the division after completing the signing of Stephen McLaughlin from Nottingham Forest.

More...

If used as an attacking outlet rather than constantly dropping back to defend,Macca will do ok for us.

If used as an attacking outlet rather than constantly dropping back to defend,Macca will do ok for us.

If our left sided midfielder ( whoever it is ) doesn't track back , then Coker will be (a) exposed and (b) negated as an attacking threat , so sorry , your plan is flawed I'm afraid to say.

If our left sided midfielder ( whoever it is ) doesn't track back , then Coker will be (a) exposed and (b) negated as an attacking threat , so sorry , your plan is flawed I'm afraid to say.

Would rather have Macca attacking the full back than Cokes,still it's all about opinions.

Would rather have Macca attacking the full back than Cokes,still it's all about opinions.

He still would be, but you want Coker pushing up supporting as well. Same as the winger still has to track back or Coker would have to deal with a wide player and their fullback.

Our fullbacks are exposed enough as it is.

Worrall does the same and does plenty of attacking.

Seems to me Brown lives in another world, we have more midfielders then Chelsea! Where's the bloody striker we are all crying out for??!!!!

I am pleased with the signing. I rate SM highly and think he will be an asset. I understand the disappointment for some in not having a new striker but am positive ,if we put the right combination out from the ones we have, we will get goals. A player like SM added can only aid the strikers we have with quality balls in.

Good signing, that.

OK, he might not be Mr Defender, but most threads on here seem to be about how defensive we are, so we can't have it both ways, I guess.

Seems to me Brown lives in another world, we have more midfielders then Chelsea! Where's the bloody striker we are all crying out for??!!!!

McLaughlin is probably better than any other left winger we have at the club going forward, why complain about something that will improve the first eleven? A big part of why we aren't scoring is that the crossing isn't good enough, McLaughlin will help with that.

may be Brown is going attack, attack , attack . Apologies I bumped my head yesterday

Seems to be taking a long time for us to officially announce that he has actually signed!

Good signing, IMO. If only we had a big striker with a proven goalscoring record who could thrive on all of the crosses from these great wingers we've got.

Bentley; White, Prosser, Barrett, Coker; Timlin, Leonard, Wordsworth; McLaughlin, Hunt, Worrall.

That will do nicely - can see that XI causing a lot of problems once Noel gets off the mark. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be taking a long time for us to officially announce that he has actually signed!

Still not announced

When did it go wrong before?

Im most probably wrong, but didn't Phil Brown once say that Jakub Sokolik was practically a Southend player and the deal was all but done? Then he went to Yeovil?

Im most probably wrong, but didn't Phil Brown once say that Jakub Sokolik was practically a Southend player and the deal was all but done? Then he went to Yeovil?

Yes but that was a bit different, he thought he had a good chance of him joining and he didnt, this time he thinks he has already signed.

Back