• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why? There was no rush. He isn't fit to play yet. Would've just meant more wages to go out if we did it sooner. Good business.

We would have been paying him anyway. His contract would have ended end of June and he would get 2 months on top of that. So his pay would have stopped this weekend and lo and behold the new deal gets signed just before.

We would have been paying him anyway. His contract would have ended end of June and he would get 2 months on top of that. So his pay would have stopped this weekend and lo and behold the new deal gets signed just before.
Yeah so chew on that one bkdside:smile:

This is nothing but good news. Think Thomson is already very good but with potential to be top draw. Always looks quite cultured on the ball.

Why would get paid two months salary after contract termination?

So we have signed a midfielder (McLaughlin) two defenders (Thompson and Reaon loan). So Mr Brown, where is this goalscorer that you said we needed desperately? Or are we going to aim for clean sheets and draws in this league?

Thompson, Rhea and McLaughlin are all Irish. 8 players that are Irish now.

think we just need a GK, LB, RB and CM/W

One CB would become a Wide defender, drop a midfielder for the other.

For a full Irish team. What we have at the moment:

xxx

Bolger - Thompson - Rhea
Mclaughlin - Deegan - Timlin - xxx - xxx
Hunt -Mooney

Not sure if McLaughlin is on the right side.

Why would get paid two months salary after contract termination?

Its part of the deal apparently that all out of contract players get the benefit of two months pay after the expiration of a contract (unless they find a club of course).

Self employed. So if I'm unfit to work, no one pays me....

So different to a player who has a contract of employment then.

Very good news, I hope Thompson can have an injury free period and quickly regain form. He clearly has future potential. On that front we now have Bolger, ( who I constantly said would develop into a decent player when he was being savaged on here ) Payne Thompson, Mc Laughlin, Ted Smith, Leonard and Pigott with significant further development potential in the first team squad. Not yet sure personally about Atkinson, Wordsworth and Worrell in terms of longer term improvement or value, certainly as the latter two already possess considerable class. Not counting in Dan at this point as likely to move on soonish. All in all though provides me with much hope for the future to build on. especially if we can keep them and hang on in League 1 this year

Back