• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell

Back at Derby as assistant to new boss Nigel Pearson. Sigh.

I think the Pearson/Powell appointment could be a masterstroke for Derby.

The ultimate good cop bad cop scenario there.

I think the Pearson/Powell appointment could be a masterstroke for Derby.

The ultimate good cop bad cop scenario there.

I've seen many a game of footie ............ but never have I seen a manager and the assistant interrogate anyone. :unsure:

Anyway - would Powell be the "good cop" or the "bad cop" as I think he has a rod of steel inside him that allows him to smile on the outside.

And I see that Powelly babe is to stay on as caretaker manager - a very good opportunity there as you can't help but think there is a set of players who should not be in or around the relegation zone.

Joined Tottenham's scouting team.

Wonder if we'll see him in charge of a team again.

God, he's so much better than that isn't he?! :stunned:

Yes - but I am guessing that there are a number of positives from his point of view. Besides the money, he keeps up with his knowledge of current teams and players and he will have a presence at games that probably won't go unnoticed. :thumbsup:

Being linked with the Brentford job according to the Sun.Hope he stays put doing a very good job for us

I wonder if the sun has ever written anything that has turned out to be correct

I wonder if the sun has ever written anything that has turned out to be correct
I doubt it's true but Powell is doing well and if he continues to do so inevitable that other clubs will look to take him from us

I doubt it's true but Powell is doing well and if he continues to do so inevitable that other clubs will look to take him from us
I see your point but even when Phil Brown was linking himself with jobs (ffs) and we were doing well we never got an offer from any club for him

I think Bolton were keen on Brown but did not happen in the end.But at least if your manager is being linked with other clubs it means things are going well on the pitch

Can't see Powell going anywhere for the forseeable. This is his level, mainly, from what he's achieved managerial wise so far, and he has an attachment of sorts to the club. Factor this in with the possibility of a new stadium on the horizon (Pinch of salt I know) it's an attractive project right now. Can't see he'll find much better, and Brentfords unique owners and moneyball approach, with things being decided out of his hands in terms of personnel, would probably be a harsh reminder of how his regime at Charlton ended.

From what I have seen since CP arrived he is a man of honour and has signed a contract with Southend. I would like to think that he will honour that contract should any approach be made by Brentford.

Will be interesting to see if Chris Powell suddenly announces that as a London boy Brentford has always been his dream job or if he treats the club and its fans with some dignity.

Not meant as a criticism at all, but all heā€™s done is take a lower midtable League One team to be an upper midtable League One team in the space of 9 months. Itā€™s not bad, but I canā€™t see why a team with top flight aspirations would look to CP above many other League One managers let alone the hoards elsewhere if solely based on how heā€™s doing here.

Not meant as a criticism at all, but all heā€™s done is take a lower midtable League One team to be an upper midtable League One team in the space of 9 months. Itā€™s not bad, but I canā€™t see why a team with top flight aspirations would look to CP above many other League One managers let alone the hoards elsewhere if solely based on how heā€™s doing here.
I appreciate that your comment wasn't meant as a criticism, but I do think it is a bit of an over simplification. We were a lower mid table team, but very much on the slide, now we are an upper mid table team (hopefully) looking up, with a lower average age.

Back