• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That is a blunt assessment about our team but when you take a step back your realise its quite spot on. You could even add Atkinson, Leonard, and to a lesser extent Worrall to that list of workmen-like performers, rather than flair players. We do seem to have a lot of the same kind of players.

Awfully hot and close here, for which you may think I'm a lucky bugger. Unfortunately heavy storms forecast for this evening, which is not good news when you want to listen to match commentary on the computer. :sad: Think I'll turn off for the moment and if there are weather problems I'll try listening on my wife's old lap top.

Park the bus and hope we steal one,City have made a decent start and must be confident of the win.

I predict City 3 0 in my head,however my heart says a gritty 2 1 for us.

Don't think it is on BBC Essex tonight, but may be via internet. As BBC Essex favour Col Ewe, it would probably have been on the radio for them though!

Games always on and they dont favour Col U at all, as far as I know they play all games and alternate between the two on DAB whoever is playing away.

I predict a 1-1 draw, Hunt to score for us !?!?

Same here, also thinking we will walk away with a 1-1 draw, but hoping that lady luck finally arrives and gifts us our first win of the season.

Statistcally speaking of course, there has been 37 goals scored by both teams in the last 10 times we have met each other. So I reckon its gonna be a fierce match with both teams finding the net.

That being said, the last time we played Coventry it resulted in a goal less 0-0 draw.

So in conclusion, anything can happen!! what a wasted post :smile:

I reckon he will go for

Bentley
White, Rea, Barratt, Coker
Leonard
Worrall, Timlin, Atkinson
Wordsworth
Hunt

Can't help feeling this is slightly harsh on Prosser - I thought he did pretty well against Swindon but Rea does seem to be full of potential. Hunt and Mooney upfront is what most fans want (well, at least Hunt & Mooney or Piggott). Hunt to win every aerial battle and Mooney to fed off him. To be honest, I wouldn't have argued against a lone striker away to Coventry but, hopefully, this is an indication that PB is going to go 2 up top this season.

Anyone also know the same final line of coventry? 4-2-3-1? With Armstrong up as the lone striker?

Back