• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Noel Hunt: Goals will come once we develop understanding

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United striker Noel Hunt believes developing a greater understanding will enable the Shrimpers to end their goalscoring drought.

More...

Well I'm fed up with being understanding. Any chance we could get strikers in who don't have to wait until a special understanding is formed before they score goals.

Totally agree with Hunts comments. Unfortunately some people won't understand because of their lack of knowledge of the game.

Well I'm fed up with being understanding. Any chance we could get strikers in who don't have to wait until a special understanding is formed before they score goals.

I don't think Noel Hunt made any mention of a special understanding, just the normal bog standard one that is required when new players play together. I mean, if everyone on here got fed up at your posts you'd be a bit miffed, so we practice understanding instead.:smiles:

I 'm afraid that some people will have a lack of understanding that for players to successfully understand each other on the pitch, they will need to build an understanding before they fully understand each others enough to understand each other's strengths.
anyone else understand ?

Maybe the problem is he is a Space Lizard like the queen or whatever it is your role model believes? Or, more likely, you are and continue to be a tool?

Totally agree with Hunts comments. Unfortunately some people won't understand because of their lack of knowledge of the game.
They are lower league footballers, never going to have the best understanding , if they had that skill, they wouldn't be at this level.....

Wonder when the greater understanding will kick in then. Weeks, months, never. No chance the strikers could poach a few goals, score with some individual play til then. Wait until you gel you say. Blimey mate your supposed to be a professional footballer. Score direct from corners, beat a couple of players why don't you, scramble one in in the penalty area etc. or better still when the chance does come from a set up pass from a player who understands you like the last match - put the ball in the net.

I suggest they gel soon,460 minutes and still no goal from any forward.

Wonder when the greater understanding will kick in then. Weeks, months, never. No chance the strikers could poach a few goals, score with some individual play til then. Wait until you gel you say. Blimey mate your supposed to be a professional footballer. Score direct from corners, beat a couple of players why don't you, scramble one in in the penalty area etc. or better still when the chance does come from a set up pass from a player who understands you like the last match - put the ball in the net.

I suspect that whatever our forwards do, even scoring regularly, you will prematurely criticise. it's obviously in your DNA. Still, we all support Southend United eh?

I still don't believe it's the striker at fault. For whatever reasons, they're getting the chances. Have we seen Hunt/Mooney/Pigott miss golden chances galore? No.

Happy bank holiday!

Just checked the top 4 divisions plus the three conference divisions

The worst scorers from the 160 clubs are

Southend gf 1 ga 4
Bolton. gf 1 ga 5
Southport gf 1 ga 11

Just checked the top 4 divisions plus the three conference divisions

The worst scorers from the 160 clubs are

Southend gf 1 ga 4
Bolton. gf 1 ga 5
Southport gf 1 ga 11

Come mrs you know it will all be different by 22:00hrs tonight

All teams improve with understanding and I fully accept Hunt's points but the understanding is not going to make finishers out of players that are not scorers. It was pointed out by many, that against Swindon, we spurned several gilt-edged chances.
The understanding will bring about an improvement in the goal tally, hard not to, but it won't solve our lack of goals. There is a tweak or two to be made to the team selection/tactics/formation before that is resolved.
I think we have the players up front capable of forming a partnership and an understanding and scoring goals. Its down to the powers that be to select them together and set them up right on the pitch.

As always the glass half empty..
Pigott, Mooney and Hunt are all new to each other.
Mooney and particularly Hunt new to the team.
in the latter's case we need to get used to where he wants the ball and when, to anticipate his runs and the timing of the delivery. Hunts movement against Swindon was excellent- but not always spotted/anticipated.
what he says is entirely true

As always the glass half empty..
Pigott, Mooney and Hunt are all new to each other.
Mooney and particularly Hunt new to the team.
in the latter's case we need to get used to where he wants the ball and when, to anticipate his runs and the timing of the delivery. Hunts movement against Swindon was excellent- but not always spotted/anticipated.
what he says is entirely true

About right but Mooney/Hunt/Pigott need to actually be on the pitch together for some length of time to form that understanding.

Back