• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coventry are the dirty side! Their number 5, Reda Johnson spent the whole match pushing. holding and shirt pulling our players. How the lino didn't see I do not know. We were defending a corner in the second half and he had Barrett in an armlock round his head. The ref did see that one.

Coventry did play some pretty football, but then so did we at times, and if Leonard had been a bit more decisive then we would have been one nil up. A great save from Bentley from the penalty.

A few of us had access to the very nice 'Jaguar lounge' on Monday. After the match we hung around to enjoy a beer and let the car park empty. They had their MOM award as voted by some group of fans. Up stepped Jacob Murphy and prompted by the complete p**** of a presenter claimed we were very physical and made statements like "that's all they had". They went on to discuss how he 'failed' to get John White sent off.....inspirational for the kids who were present no doubt.

The idiot with the microphone then tried to get some cheap laughs by slagging off PB, who's family, including his sister and some of the club wags were sitting at one of the tables. It goes without saying our very own host, David Crown, would never lower himself to such poor behaviour as he has far to much class

Shame, as I was impressed with the whole Coventry set-up. Lets hope PB unleashes Deegan at the Hall. Remember the name Murphy... he plays wide left.

Sounds like a case of 'we shouldn't be in this League because we used to be a Premiership team and we have a big stadium-itus'. Very much the mentality of Leeds fans when they were in this division :thumbdown:

A few of us had access to the very nice 'Jaguar lounge' on Monday. After the match we hung around to enjoy a beer and let the car park empty. They had their MOM award as voted by some group of fans. Up stepped Jacob Murphy and prompted by the complete p**** of a presenter claimed we were very physical and made statements like "that's all they had". They went on to discuss how he 'failed' to get John White sent off.....inspirational for the kids who were present no doubt.

The idiot with the microphone then tried to get some cheap laughs by slagging off PB, who's family, including his sister and some of the club wags were sitting at one of the tables. It goes without saying our very own host, David Crown, would never lower himself to such poor behaviour as he has far to much class

Shame, as I was impressed with the whole Coventry set-up. Lets hope PB unleashes Deegan at the Hall. Remember the name Murphy... he plays wide left.

Truly shocking if accurate,not doubting what your saying.

Lack of class and sportsmanship.

First game I've been able to get to this season. I was sat just to the left of the goal from our end about six rows up. It was a great vantage point for being utterly blown away by Noel Hunt and for seeing his passion after he scored. I'd never seen him play before and the man's never say die spirit and positioning of his body between defender and ball were hugely impressive. His great tenacity also led to us gaining possession before the penalty award for our second. That level of commitment can be inspirational to other players too.

Indeed. It makes a mockery of a certain few on here who were slagging off the signing off Hunt before he'd even kicked a ball for the club. Mind you I guess that's par for the course..... :whistling:

Hunt will be a very important player for us this season.

First game I've been able to get to this season. I was sat just to the left of the goal from our end about six rows up. It was a great vantage point for being utterly blown away by Noel Hunt and for seeing his passion after he scored. I'd never seen him play before and the man's never say die spirit and positioning of his body between defender and ball were hugely impressive. His great tenacity also led to us gaining possession before the penalty award for our second. That level of commitment can be inspirational to other players too. I just hope that he can stay injury and red-card free as his action game could result in situations where the ref might rule against him.

Dan Bentley's world-class performance obviously merits the accolades already provided on this thread and I'm delighted that he will remain "Southend Southend's Number One" for a few months more. The response of the players to Dan's penalty save and the last gasp near post shot was great to see - they showed him their appreciation of his brilliant saves and that spirit we had at the death last season still seems to be there, thankfully.

Coventry are a tidy passing side and I think they'll be there or thereabouts by the end of the season. I was watching Ricketts just before he scored his header and he slipped away from Noel en route to glancing it beyond Dan. The goal was coming and I think we did well to get a share of the points in the end. It was a cracking game and great to see/hear so many of you lot. Loved the chant of "Your ground's too big for you ..." too.

Chant of the night surely had to be "we've got 10 stewards on the pitch, we've got 10 stewards of the pitch we've got 10 stewards on the pitch, and a traffic cone"

Coventry are the dirty side! Their number 5, Reda Johnson spent the whole match pushing. holding and shirt pulling our players. How the lino didn't see I do not know. We were defending a corner in the second half and he had Barrett in an armlock round his head. The ref did see that one.

Nor did the lino who it was right in front of!

Chant of the night surely had to be "we've got 10 stewards on the pitch, we've got 10 stewards of the pitch we've got 10 stewards on the pitch, and a traffic cone"
Ah, so that's what it was. I thought it was something about Glenn Speller being on the pitch and I couldn't even make out the traffic cone bit. But then I do have a moderate hearing loss.

Back