• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a bit like the lottery winner saying he told us it was a good bet.........as 20 Million of us tear up our tickets.

Yes we just scored from one short corner after countless attempts, but all those we didn't score from, we may have scored a few if they did long corners instead.

except we don't.

we rarely score from corners, long or short.

we rarely concede from corners as well.

we took a decent well-worked short corner against Doncaster and nearly scored. It's clearly something we work on.

Just a few quotes from some 'keyboard experts'...

except we don't.

we took a decent well-worked short corner against Doncaster and nearly scored. It's clearly something we work on.

Very contradictory and shows you up. Your first post is to mock posters for moaning about short corners because we finally score from one. Then further down the thread you admit we rarely score from corners at all and it's something we need to work on. You aren't making any sense

Very contradictory and shows you up. Your first post is to mock posters for moaning about short corners because we finally score from one. Then further down the thread you admit we rarely score from corners at all and it's something we need to work on. You aren't making any sense

Alright amigo, calm down.

I included myself in the list, in case you didn't notice.

It was tongue in cheek because short corners seem to wind so many people up (me included at times).

except we don't.

In the last 15 matches played we have scored 15 times

4 out of the last 15 goals have come from corners. You could of course argue that we should have scored a lot more goals from open play :winking:

In the last 15 matches played we have scored 15 times

4 out of the last 15 goals have come from corners. You could of course argue that we should have scored a lot more goals from open play :winking:

while our proportion of goals coming from set plays and corners is relatively high (understandably). We also take a lot of corners - both long and short, which come to nothing. Irrespective of them being long or short, we don't convert many of our corners into goals - mainly because teams are good/better at defending them, just like we tend not to concede from many.

We had 3 corners and scored from 1. Coventry had 9 but didn't score from any. edit: scored from one

while our proportion of goals coming from set plays and corners is relatively high (understandably). We also take a lot of corners - both long and short, which come to nothing. Irrespective of them being long or short, we don't convert many of our corners into goals - mainly because teams are good/better at defending them, just like we tend not to concede from many.

We had 3 corners and scored from 1. Coventry had 9 but didn't score from any.

I thought both Coventry's goals came from corners? One short corner & one long corner.

yeah you're (half) right. One was a free kick, the other a long corner

urgh - i'm going mad.

They were both corners. The free kick your thinking about was earlier and from the same area and Johnson nearly scored with a header.

except we don't.

Based on the study I shared a link to, I suspect we're no better or worse than anyone else.

You realise Pubey also quoted himself in the first post? He's hardly mocking people, unless he's also mocking himself.

Back