• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Understand he bagged a brace for the under 21's

His ratio is outstanding.

Understand he bagged a brace for the under 21's

His ratio is outstanding.
Not in the big boys real league it isn't. You must be so proud though mummy, how about you give him a couple of extra chicken nuggets at dinner time, the poor little mite must be hank marvin :winking::smile:

Hattrick now.

His ratio against non-league and U21's is indeed superb, if we ever have to play that level on Saturday afternoons we will be laughing.

Hopefully one day he can do it at senior level.

I think we should send him out loan again, but, if we can, at a higher level to really test him. Because he certainly has something, 4 goals in Pre season and started the u21 league with a hatrick in the first game. Of course its not against full time mens but scoring goals shouldnt go unnoticed.

Hattrick now.

His ratio against non-league and U21's is indeed superb, if we ever have to play that level on Saturday afternoons we will be laughing.

Hopefully one day he can do it at senior level.

Must have a ratio of 1 in 2ish

Kerp on keeping on JW,your time will come either here or elsewhere.

I think we should send him out loan again, but, if we can, at a higher level to really test him. Because he certainly has something, 4 goals in Pre season and started the u21 league with a hatrick in the first game. Of course its not against full time mens but scoring goals shouldnt go unnoticed.
love to see this guy get a run of games in the first team on the bench and given a few minutes here and there to see what he can do, I'm sure he will cause a few problems with his pace and he also uses his body well also:thumbsup:

Does he actually have pace though? Looked like a shorter Akinfenwa when I saw him?

How many has he scored this season? Two in a friendly (can't recall which) plus another three today at least.

How many of you that are condemning him have seen him play this season?

How many has he scored this season? Two in a friendly (can't recall which) plus another three today at least.

How many of you that are condemning him have seen him play this season?

Who is condemning him?

He got two against Canvey but was poor in the Wakering game, came on against West Ham but cant expect him to have done much against them.

He has shown potential hence he has been given a contract.

Does he actually have pace though? Looked like a shorter Akinfenwa when I saw him?
christ don't you remember that game he came on in at rootshall towards the end of the season, he came on and scared the life out of defenders and should of maybe scored with his first touch, can't think who it was against tho:unsure:

christ don't you remember that game he came on in at rootshall towards the end of the season, he came on and scared the life out of defenders and should of maybe scored with his first touch, can't think who it was against tho:unsure:

Wasnt there. Only time Ive seen him was against West Ham and his movement was non existent, which is what most said about him at Wakering too.

He clearly has an eye for goal, but from what I saw he didnt look very mobile.

I saw him in the friendly verses WH as late sub- he didn't get in the game (suspect better in a 442- certainly looked lost up front on his own). He seems to know where the back of the net is- the perfect scenario for him would be a loan in L2 as a step (if successful) to getting used from the bench & then who knows. Problem is the U21s having been put there needs to be supported and Williams is arguably their best (or one of the best) players.

He is robustly built without carrying any flab- probably quick enough without having pace to rely on.

I saw him in the friendly verses WH as late sub- he didn't get in the game (suspect better in a 442- certainly looked lost up front on his own). He seems to know where the back of the net is- the perfect scenario for him would be a loan in L2 as a step (if successful) to getting used from the bench & then who knows. Problem is the U21s having been put there needs to be supported and Williams is arguably their best (or one of the best) players.

He is robustly built without carrying any flab- probably quick enough without having pace to rely on.

Yep agreed,

Loan into league 2 would be great for him BUT he ain't no lone forward so needs to go where the gaffer plays 2 up.

Or

Paint cup
Him and Hunt might easily be delicious !

Know that Hawksey at Chelmsford rated him and thought he was good enough to be professional. I have heard tales of his pace but must confess I haven't seen it. Last time I saw him was against Chelmsford in pre season and he looked very average, he did score but that was just getting a toe in during a goal mouth scramble.

Back