• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a difficult one this, others will say it's not. However my impression is that PB very much rates both Jack and Jason hence why he's kept on . I reckon he will continue to see how they develope this season in the new under 21 team, which if other teams play "stronger" negates the need for loaning them out . Maybe just maybe he feels that mentally he ( Jason mainly ) be a little too soft just at the moment for a promotion. My point being, which can happen, if you promote someone too early and say they go 5 or 6 matches without scoring for the first team , this could actually affect the final stages of the development of the players. Just my take, but I think that PB is very proud of our youth development, when you look at Bentley, Smith, Payne, Williams and Bridge, that ain't bad is it !

Strong and experienced players who are either recovering from injury or are no longer good enough to be in the first X1. A congratulate Jason on his treble, but there's a big gap between that standard and League 1. I agree that a run out in the JPT would do him a power of good, though. Perhaps alongside Pigott.

He needs the chance though,his 20 minutes first team in 4 games is simply unrealistic for him to shine.

He does indeed, it won't happen here this season though. Unless PB has second thoughts about bringing a loan striker in and sticke with him instead. In which case he still won't get many games. Got a long way to go to get ahead of hunt mooney and piggy

So Jason grabs a treble against strong and experienced players,not bad it it.

Who was the last Southend player to score a treble?

It was a strongish Gills side still wasn't a first team, how many first team were in back five ,one? Nor was it a competitive match.

Great he did well in it but let's not go overboard. This is the same player who was poor against Wakering.

He had an opportunity to impress pre season and looked woeful.

I'm still not convinced he is good enough. Send him out to the conference on loan and if he scores at a good rate in a man's game then maybe he will have a future.

It was a strongish Gills side still wasn't a first team, how many first team were in back five ,one? Nor was it a competitive match.

Great he did well in it but let's not go overboard. This is the same player who was poor against Wakering.

Cripes, he can't win! He can only play against what's in front of him. If he'd not scored you'd have a go at him!

Cripes, he can't win! He can only play against what's in front of him. If he'd not scored you'd have a go at him!

Exactly !

Plays against a strong team and scores 3
Plays against tough conference South players and scores 6 in 11
Plays against full time conference national and scores 3 in 9 whilst playing for a terrible Welling team

Bloke cannot win.

Not having a go at all. Said it's great he scored and said earlier he should be given a chance in the JPT.

However some will no doubt start using this as evidence he is ready for League one football and it was one step up from a training match.

The more he does in these games the closer he gets to the first tream but as I said let's not go overboard as to the meaning of it. He was very lukewarm in pre season against non league teams. Little bit of perspective. He is showing plenty of promise and that's a great thing.

.....and just you up front?........

Yes indeed , just me , so quite impressive !
Actually stats don't always tell the full story and I have missed out some important ones to make me look good.
I DID score 7 , but my daughter got 13 !!
Not sure what the final score would have been as we were called in for our dinner ( what a great way for games to end and might actually propose that to the FL ).
As I say , I was pleased with the 7 I hit , but conceding 13 was suicidal defending and on reflection I was far too open at be back.
I did think her 4th and 8th were offside , but in clutching at straws and was well beaten at the end of the day !

Actually stats don't always tell the full story and I have missed out some important ones to make me look good.
Not sure what the final score would have been as we were called in for our dinner ( what a great way for games to end and might actually propose that to the FL ).
As I say , I was pleased with the 7 I hit , but conceding 13 was suicidal defending and on reflection I was far too open at be back.
I did think her 4th and 8th were offside , but in clutching at straws and was well beaten at the end of the day !

Ahhh so finally the truth,your kid absolutely smashed you into the ground.

My advice is remain in goal and let her hit pile drivers at you from close range:winking:

I also think the 9th was never a penalty.

For sure , but that's the risk you take in a 1v1 game where your opponent insists on being the referee as well !

Good point. I think you need to speak to the FA. They would probably have the game voided, and send a "proper" official for the rematch.

I don't think you should let this one go, it's obvious you're the victim of some sort of conspiracy.

mrsblue, can you please explain what your almost stalkerish obsession with young Jason is all about!? I've liked players before, but, this is all a bit creepy and obsessive. Are you a relative?

To add, well done to the lad, long may it continue and hopefully one day he can make the step up to the first team :thumbsup:

mrsblue, can you please explain what your almost stalkerish obsession with young Jason is all about!? I've liked players before, but, this is all a bit creepy and obsessive. Are you a relative?

To add, well done to the lad, long may it continue and hopefully one day he can make the step up to the first team :thumbsup:

Goal shy football team has on their books a kid who cannot stop scoring !

Nobody know's if he can step up,but one thing is certain if he never gets that chance we will never know until he signs elsewhere.

Jason I'm not stalking you,but please tidy your room before going out:winking:

Just because he can only play against what's in front of him doesn't mean he's all of a sudden ready to tear up League 1. Yes he scored a hat trick against Gillingham reserves with a handful of unfit first teamers. Doesn't mean he's ready to step up to League 1.. Or even League 2.

Goal shy football team has on their books a kid who cannot stop scoring !

Nobody know's if he can step up,but one thing is certain if he never gets that chance we will never know until he signs elsewhere.

Jason I'm not stalking you,but please tidy your room before going out:winking:
Cannot stop scoring, are you joking? It's one game against a reserve team, hardly the same as League 1 football.

So prolific he couldn't score against Wakering.

Cannot stop scoring???

He certainly stopped scoring last season playing two divisions below this.

Cannot stop scoring, are you joking? It's one game against a reserve team, hardly the same as League 1 football.

So prolific he couldn't score against Wakering.

This season he is currently top scorer for SUFC by a country mile,last season he was again top scorer until Corr started banging them in during the latter stages of that season,but still finished second highest scorer.

He is a Southend player playing at whatever level and has a ratio of nearly 1 in 2.

Back