• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No probably just a normal sub, two other England players went off at the same time.
I did notice that Ted Smith was the only unused substitute at the last match out of about 20 players!

Thanks. I have no idea regarding the England subs policy, but it seemed a bit strange for him to be subbed unless he was having a badun.

It's quite a proud feeling when you see the team list with Ted's name there and Southend United next to it.

Have we ever had a player play as high up in the England setup as this before?

Anyone think there's much chance of a few first team Southend United appearances this season for TS?

Quite proud that we have 2 young highly rated keepers at the club but hope Ted's development doesn't stall because he's number two to DB.

I'm probably reading too much into this, but Ted Smith had the number 1 shirt, Griffiths the number 13.

I meant current player. I wondered about Taylor but didn't think he was in the England setup until just after he'd left.

Anyone think there's much chance of a few first team Southend United appearances this season for TS?

Quite proud that we have 2 young highly rated keepers at the club but hope Ted's development doesn't stall because he's number two to DB.

Looks very good on Terry Mason's CV as well

I'm probably reading too much into this, but Ted Smith had the number 1 shirt, Griffiths the number 13.

At that level don't the start 11 wear the 11 starting numbers? and the subs 12-18 or however many is in the squad

What on God's earth is happening between the #9 and #18?

One very pleased face and one slightly taken by surprise :blush:

Back