• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The club have been selling tickets to our League One match against Millwall for years now.

I will be there at Millwall with 3 others, but we won't be wearing our blue colour & scarf, in case we get mashed up by ****ed off Millwall fans if we beat them!

Going by train to South Bermondsey station via London Bridge. Walk way from the station usually heavily policed. Is there a bar in the away end? (I can't remember). I remember that the away fans are always housed in the upper tier. The lower tier is never used.

I will be there at Millwall with 3 others, but we won't be wearing our blue colour & scarf, in case we get mashed up by ****ed off Millwall fans if we beat them!

Sod that Murkey, be true to yourself. We'll be in our away kit that day so paint yourself head to toe in fluorescent yellow and scrawl '**** off Millwall pussies' across your chest in lion's blood. You need to send a message to these people.

Going by train to South Bermondsey station via London Bridge. Walk way from the station usually heavily policed. Is there a bar in the away end? (I can't remember). I remember that the away fans are always housed in the upper tier. The lower tier is never used.
Certainly was last time we played there.

I remember we were in the Lower Tier for the first League game at The 'New' Den in 1993.
But ever since then yes we have always been in the Upper Tier.

We will take 1,000+ as it is probably our closest away game of the season (based on roads between the grounds rather than as the crow flies). Some people might be put off by the Millwall reputation but as you point out the 'Cowards Way' and the rest of the area is heavily policed.

Is there a bar in the away end? If the coach arrives at like 1 pm I doubt there are any pubs round there that you would drink in.

Last time I went, which was a 1-1 draw around 5 years ago, you could get a drink in the ground. That may have changed though

We are usually seated in the upper north stand & bar avaiaible (beer, burgers etc) for all away fans. To be fair to Millwall, i found the stewards really proffesional, my group was smoking in a corner of the the large enclosed bar area at half time (as did many else for that matter) but so as long as you are not in a big group & not not looking boistrous or singing like your drunk, they are happy to leave you alone & enjoy the game.

That being said though, They will go "mushroom Cloud mother ******" if you try to smuggle your half time beer back into the stands. #take it from experience

Lower tier will only open if upper sells out. To be honest you'll be fine at the stations wearing Southend shirts, you'll only get trouble at their place if you stray away from the away fan packs and are wearing SUFC gear. Millwall is a great away day and very easy to get to from West Ham station then overground to South Bermondsey.

One of my work colleagues is a Millwall fan, he said it's nowhere near what it used to be like. There's hardly, if any, trouble now. Which is why we should just treat this like every other away game.

Milwall a good away day on train. Local and good pubs around London Bridge. A mate of mine is a Milwall fan and said that very little trouble now around the ground. Think when they play some away games certain elements of their fan base come out

Back